Profile Picture

New Project for Client: 3D Avatar Talking

Posted By jackson_234751 6 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
jackson_234751
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Senior Member (304 reputation)Senior Member (304 reputation)Senior Member (304 reputation)Senior Member (304 reputation)Senior Member (304 reputation)Senior Member (304 reputation)Senior Member (304 reputation)Senior Member (304 reputation)Senior Member (304 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 6 Years Ago
Hello,
I've been asked to create a few videos for a conference of a 3D Avatar that can talk (using pre-recorded audio, lip synced).
The client sent me an example of what they are looking for.
Do you think this would be possible using this software?
What products would I need to purchase to achieve this look and functionality?
Is there a huge learning curve... I need to get it done in a month.
*Maybe I should hire someone to help me with this?
Please let me know your thoughts
Thanks!
Jackson

This is what the client sent me as an example:
https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/91762721-8008-4b56-bf1c-5fc1.jpg

Kelleytoons
Kelleytoons
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)

Last Active: Yesterday
I'm a bit confused by that sample -- the avatar kind of just blends into the background.  So what part of it is 3D and moves?  If you want the entire thing to move (including background) it's not really a job for 3D software (I know that sounds counterintuitive, but 3D software is really for an object that you move around in 3D space.  This is just a flat plane with a sort of 3D effect).  To me this would be a perfect job for, say, CrazyTalk (see samples on the Reallusion forum).  That software can bring a painting to life, so if you can imagine the Mona Lisa moving around like she was in 3D on her 2D background you can get the idea.  It's also MUCH easier software to learn and use and, yes, I think you could both learn and do it in a month (maybe even just a few weeks).

Most RL software has a trial -- if there is a trial of CT I wouldn't hesitate but download it today and see.  It will tell you all you will need to know about the process and should be all that you require to purchase.  However, if I'm misunderstanding you (perhaps that avatar isn't actually part of the background and you want more dimensionality around it in another setting) let me know.

Alienware Aurora R12, Win 10, i9-119000KF, 3.5GHz CPU, 128GB RAM, RTX 3090 (24GB), Samsung 960 Pro 4TB M-2 SSD, TB+ Disk space
Mike "ex-genius" Kelley
Edited
6 Years Ago by Kelleytoons
jackson_234751
jackson_234751
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Senior Member (304 reputation)Senior Member (304 reputation)Senior Member (304 reputation)Senior Member (304 reputation)Senior Member (304 reputation)Senior Member (304 reputation)Senior Member (304 reputation)Senior Member (304 reputation)Senior Member (304 reputation)

Thanks for your reply Mike!

The sample I sent is the type of Face they are looking for: glossy, white face, no hair, robotic/cyborg looking I guess. 
Here's what I'm thinking...
I would probably start with a realistic 3D female head and try to match the look of the sample. 
This: https://www.reallusion.com/contentstore/iClone/pack/Realistic_Human_100/default.html
Do you think this look could be achieved?
The base model looks pretty close already... see attached image

Then I'd have to use an audio file (voice over) that would need to sync up with the mouth talking.
I would export the final animation, and import into After Effects and apply some sort of digital/particle transition of the head coming on the screen/off the screen.
I'm thinking TrapCode Form would work for this effect.

It's sounds like CrazyTalk is what I'll need... 

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/7ff0ba3b-245f-4943-9e82-b8a7.jpg

Kelleytoons
Kelleytoons
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)

Last Active: Yesterday
Again, I would suggest you download the trial of Crazytalk, play with it a bit, and see if it fits your needs.

If it does, you don't need an actual 3D head (so I wouldn't bother with any other software except for free stuff -- more in a moment).  All you really need is one really good image, against black (you'll export it out and the alpha will mask it) and you bring it into CT to get a 3D effect.  So the absolute most I would buy might be something from Daz, which (inside of the free Daz software) you can alter and tailor as you want.  Like this:

https://www.daz3d.com/hp-prototype-yc-7-for-genesis-3-male

CT will do the rest of you in terms of lip sync and then you use AE for your effects any way you want (the Trapcode stuff is nice and should fit the bill -- I haven't used it in so long I'm not even sure what Form does).  I suspect you'll know in just a few days (or even just a day) if this approach will work for you, and then you can spend the rest of the time refining it.

Alienware Aurora R12, Win 10, i9-119000KF, 3.5GHz CPU, 128GB RAM, RTX 3090 (24GB), Samsung 960 Pro 4TB M-2 SSD, TB+ Disk space
Mike "ex-genius" Kelley
jackson_234751
jackson_234751
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Thanks Mike!
I will download the trail version and give it a go!

Thanks for the link the cyborg... that looks really nice too!

Have a great day!
Jackson

Reading This Topic