Profile Picture

Character Creator 2 and 3 - Strange Stalling Every 5 Seconds Due to Internet?

Posted By BrentCherry 6 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!

Character Creator 2 and 3 - Strange Stalling Every 5 Seconds Due to...

Author
Problem.png
BrentCherry
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Junior Member (223 reputation)Junior Member (223 reputation)Junior Member (223 reputation)Junior Member (223 reputation)Junior Member (223 reputation)Junior Member (223 reputation)Junior Member (223 reputation)Junior Member (223 reputation)Junior Member (223 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 4 Years Ago
Whenever I load up Character Creator (either 2 or 3), there's a constant 1-second stalling/freezing every 5 seconds. Doesn't matter what I do, whether it's hovering over icons, the figure, or accessing menu items. It's so bad that it makes the program unusable.

I've discovered that first disabling the Internet access in Windows solves the issue. It even stays resolved when I turn it back on while using it. However, once I exit the program and restart it again, the 5-second stalling comes back, requiring me to disable and re-enable the Internet.

Does anyone else have this problem? And is there any other fix for this? I REALLY don't want to have to restart my Internet every time I open the program. That's ridiculous.

Thanks!
raxel_67
raxel_67
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (3.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.0K reputation)

Group: Banned Members
Is it a wired or wireless connection? If possible try going wired or wireless, you should also try updating your Network adapter drivers. Also check firewalls or vpns to see if they cause any conflict
BrentCherry
BrentCherry
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Junior Member (223 reputation)Junior Member (223 reputation)Junior Member (223 reputation)Junior Member (223 reputation)Junior Member (223 reputation)Junior Member (223 reputation)Junior Member (223 reputation)Junior Member (223 reputation)Junior Member (223 reputation)

raxel_67 (10/18/2018)
Is it a wired or wireless connection? If possible try going wired or wireless, you should also try updating your Network adapter drivers. Also check firewalls or vpns to see if they cause any conflict

I have a wireless connection. I've updated my network adapter driver to the latest possible version, and I've played with the firewall settings, even turning it on and off. Still stalling.

This issue only comes up when using Character Creator. So I think it's safe to assume that the problem has to do with how this specific program connects to the internet.
Edited
6 Years Ago by b_c_2001
Peter (RL)
Peter (RL)
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)

Group: Administrators
Last Active: 8 hours ago
Sorry to hear you are having this strange issue.

Does it happen with any other programs such as iClone or other 3rd party apps? To try and eliminate the possible culprits it would be worth closing down any non-essential start-up programs that may be linked to the problem. You can see what you have running in the background by checking in your Hidden Icons area of the Task bar. Then close them down one by one and check if it helps in CC3.

Peter
Forum Administrator

www.reallusion.com

BrentCherry
BrentCherry
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Peter (RL) (10/22/2018)

Does it happen with any other programs such as iClone or other 3rd party apps? To try and eliminate the possible culprits it would be worth closing down any non-essential start-up programs that may be linked to the problem. You can see what you have running in the background by checking in your Hidden Icons area of the Task bar. Then close them down one by one and check if it helps in CC3.

The only other program I had this happen in was iClone when I tried it out. Exact same issue, and I resolved it the same way, by disconnecting and reconnecting to the internet. I've done everything else you mentioned.

Like I said, this only happens in those programs, so this is a specific issue related to how both iClone and Character Creator connect to the internet.
Peter (RL)
Peter (RL)
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)

Group: Administrators
Last Active: 8 hours ago
b_c_2001 (10/22/2018)
Peter (RL) (10/22/2018)

The only other program I had this happen in was iClone when I tried it out. Exact same issue, and I resolved it the same way, by disconnecting and reconnecting to the internet. I've done everything else you mentioned.

Like I said, this only happens in those programs, so this is a specific issue related to how both iClone and Character Creator connect to the internet.

Hi...

If you continue to have problems, please can you contact Technical Support and supply your dxdiag.txt file and log file (found in your Documents folder). They will be able to advise you further.

https://www.reallusion.com/CustomerSupport/UserEx/QForm.html

Peter
Forum Administrator

www.reallusion.com

BrentCherry
BrentCherry
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Peter (RL) (11/1/2018)

Hi...

If you continue to have problems, please can you contact Technical Support and supply your dxdiag.txt file and log file (found in your Documents folder). They will be able to advise you further.

https://www.reallusion.com/CustomerSupport/UserEx/QForm.html

Thanks for the link. I'll do that right now.

Reading This Topic