Profile Picture

Question about features in CT6 Standard.

Posted By paul.chatman 14 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
paul.chatman
Posted 14 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Veteran Member

Veteran Member (815 reputation)Veteran Member (815 reputation)Veteran Member (815 reputation)Veteran Member (815 reputation)Veteran Member (815 reputation)Veteran Member (815 reputation)Veteran Member (815 reputation)Veteran Member (815 reputation)Veteran Member (815 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 13 Years Ago
The version matrix mentions this as a Pro feature only: Solo feature control and key editor. Since I only have money for Standard (and really don't think I need any "advanced" features), does this video correctly imply that I can do this in Standard as well? There are many misleading and incorrectly labeled Tutorial* videos saying a certain function can be performed in both Standard and Pro, but the Version Matrix (VM) outlines otherwise.

Am I interpreting the language used in the VM correctly? Since there is no Standard specific PDF manual (only Pro) I can't be sure.

* SFX and Modification [VM Pro only: Modify or create custom SFX]
* Apply Emotion [VM Pro only: Collect and edit Motion Clips as emotion library]
I assume that the Emotos are also available in Standard based on the language used by the Tutor; only the Motion Clips are Pro only, is the correct interpretation of the VM here?
* Puppeteering Guide [VM Pro only: Puppeteering -> Solo feature control and key editor / Create a custom puppet profile for full face control]

Ultimately, I am asking which Standard features listed in the VM applies to which Tutorial; as all the Tutorials mention being relevant to both Standard & Pro on the splash screen, which is misleading and incorrect. I hope this question is clear on what I want to know. I can't justify the 105$ to upgrade my CT6 Trial to Pro; but I can get CT6 STD using my Premium Plus Member discount. I wish there was Standard Trial, but... Did anyone buy Standard? How is your experience with it?

Thank you, please.

PaulJC
Peter (RL)
Peter (RL)
Posted 14 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)

Group: Administrators
Last Active: Yesterday
Hi Paul,

I think the best way to see the differences between Pro and Standard is that with Standard you are mostly working with preset functions rather than having complete control of everything in your animation.

For example when using Puppeteering, in the Standard version you will choose options already setup for different facial areas and work with those. In Pro you can choose each individual part of the face (solo control) and create more advanced facial animation.

You also only have a 2 track timeline rather than the 11 tracks of Pro. This means that while you will have the same lip-synced character you don't have the complete control over the face, eyes, lips, sfx tracks of the Pro version. Editing or creating custom SFX isn't possible in Standard so again you will use premade emotives and SFX to build your project instead.

The Standard edition is perfect for those wanting an easy to use program which can give them fast results by selecting from a large library of premade emotives and SFX. If you prefer to be completely hands on and have complete control over every aspect of the project then you may find you need the Pro version.

As always though, if you opt for the Standard version you can always upgrade to Pro at a later date.

Hope this helps a little.

Peter
Forum Administrator

www.reallusion.com

paul.chatman
paul.chatman
Posted 14 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Veteran Member

Veteran Member (815 reputation)Veteran Member (815 reputation)Veteran Member (815 reputation)Veteran Member (815 reputation)Veteran Member (815 reputation)Veteran Member (815 reputation)Veteran Member (815 reputation)Veteran Member (815 reputation)Veteran Member (815 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 13 Years Ago
After playing with it it seems that all the things Crazytalk can do iClone can do as well, or close to it. So I'll keep my money on this one. Plus, I learned that emotions, expressions, or was it ppeteering...I forget but they aren't exported out with the Crazytalk script that you can import into iClone.

Reading This Topic