Have content changed location?

Posted By pompel_4 6 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
pompel_4
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (1.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.9K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 2 Years Ago
Long story short:
Have not used iclone for a while. Bought a new laptop a while ago.Installed Iclone on the new machine.Downloaded and installed content from RS.This was done over some time.Along the way, ilcone was updated to 7.3 and Windows had an update (no I did not lose anything as far as I know).
What I find now is that some of the content (some avatars etc.) is not to be found where they should be.They are now under "pack" on the content bar instead of under the "actor" (avatar).This also applies to props and not just avatarsHave tried to reinstall content without success. Can of course copy from "pack" to the right folders, but there will be extra work
Is this something new with 7.3 or is there anything wrong? 
Do not want to reinstall everything againSad

tss

Edited
6 Years Ago by pompel_4
animagic
animagic
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)

Last Active: 24 minutes ago
Save yourself some grieve and completely ignore the Pack category as it is extremely confusing. (The one useful exception is the Custom tab under Pack. If you have iClone 6 installed, it will show the contents of the Template folder there as "iClone 6 Template".)

All content that is actually installed is still where it is supposed to be. If you have content from previous versions of iClone, just copy it over to the corresponding folders for iClone 7 and it will all be there. Note that content from previous versions is not automatically available, you need to either copy or move it.

What I always install fresh are any Resource and Bonus packs that come with the default installation of the release (they will be shown on your member page).

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/436b0ffd-1242-44d6-a876-d631.jpg

pompel_4
pompel_4
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (1.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.9K reputation)

Last Active: 2 Years Ago
Maybe you misunderstand me (and my bad English).
After installing (clean) Iclone 7.3, I installed all of the content.
Most of the content (both animations, characters, props etc) is now under the "package" tab when you're in Iclone. If i want to use a particular character or animation,  I have to enter "package" to find it and not under the character or animation tab. I know I can move the folder from "pack" to the "right" folders (to characters, props etc), but this should be unnecessary and it has not been the case before. (additionally, "pack" is exceptionally slow and choppy
The location of the content is just a mess.

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/8d32f86c-2774-40b4-80dc-6c00.png

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/79ba8999-882b-48f4-aec1-9dd8.png

My question is (before I try to reinstall): Is this something new in Iclone 7.3 or is it an error? I do not have Iclone 6 installed.

Thanks for the response Animagic

Edited
6 Years Ago by pompel_4

Reading This Topic