Wishes before CC 3.1 launched

Posted By Alexxander 6 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
General.png
Alexxander
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Senior Member (477 reputation)Senior Member (477 reputation)Senior Member (477 reputation)Senior Member (477 reputation)Senior Member (477 reputation)Senior Member (477 reputation)Senior Member (477 reputation)Senior Member (477 reputation)Senior Member (477 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: Last Year
First I want to congratulate the authors of CC3. They create a great tool!

But after 2 weeks using CC3 I have some wishes to it's developers:
0(!). CC3 periodically crashesFreezes when Windows falls asleep. Rather dead than alive.
In dark times like 1980-90 for this could dismiss the whole team. In our humane era, only consumers are affected. But even now it is completely unacceptable and requires immediate correction.
1. It's working too slow. Must be many many times faster!
2. Generated LODs are unusable for Unity. I don't know about UE and other engines, but Unity requires a single FBX file with ONE skeleton and few lod meshes. No another variants! Look at Autodesk Character Generator (if it's still alive) which way FBX with LODs should be structured for right import in Unity.
3. You should provide dedicated shader for hair for Unity. The results of using standard shaders are sometimes questionable.
4. When InstalLOD merges materials, it doesn't delete hidden meshes. It's useful process, but for real increasing rendering performance simultaneous meshes deleting are welcomed.

Despite all of the above, at the moment RL has every opportunity to seize the market of human models for a Unity 3D. Morph3D's MCS is practically dead. DAZ with it's huge license prices? Not for Unity developers. UMA? Something terrible. And nothing else! It's time to rob the dungeon :-)
Good luck in job!
Edited
6 Years Ago by Alexxander
Kareeem
Kareeem
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Veteran Member

Veteran Member (786 reputation)Veteran Member (786 reputation)Veteran Member (786 reputation)Veteran Member (786 reputation)Veteran Member (786 reputation)Veteran Member (786 reputation)Veteran Member (786 reputation)Veteran Member (786 reputation)Veteran Member (786 reputation)

Last Active: 3 Months Ago
Alexxander (10/13/2018)
First I want to congratulate the authors of CC3. They create a great tool!

But after 2 weeks using CC3 I have some wishes to it's developers:
1. It's working too slow. Must be many many times faster.
2. Generated LODs are unusable for Unity. I don't know about UE and other engines, but Unity requires a single FBX file with ONE skeleton and few lod meshes. No another variants! Look at Autodesk Character Generator (if it's still alive) which way FBX with LODs should be structured for right import in Unity.
3. You should provide dedicated shader for hair for Unity. The results of using standard shaders are sometimes questionable.

Despite all of the above, at the moment RL has every opportunity to seize the market of human models for a Unity 3D. Morph3D's MCS is practically dead. DAZ with it's huge license prices? Not for Unity developers. UMA? Something terrible. And nothing else! It's time to rob the dungeon :-)
Good luck in job!

@2: It would be better to have them in one FBX, yes. But its not true that is absolutely neseccary. I figured out a workflow to share Skeletons:
https://forum.reallusion.com/FindPost386004.aspx

@3: I would also love a good unity hair shader for LWRP but i think this really isnt the task of RL
Alexxander
Alexxander
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Senior Member (477 reputation)Senior Member (477 reputation)Senior Member (477 reputation)Senior Member (477 reputation)Senior Member (477 reputation)Senior Member (477 reputation)Senior Member (477 reputation)Senior Member (477 reputation)Senior Member (477 reputation)

Last Active: Last Year
I did read this. Interesting, but this construction with several Animators can't be used with any assets such as Adventure Creator, Third Character Controller and so on.
Kareeem
Kareeem
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Veteran Member

Veteran Member (786 reputation)Veteran Member (786 reputation)Veteran Member (786 reputation)Veteran Member (786 reputation)Veteran Member (786 reputation)Veteran Member (786 reputation)Veteran Member (786 reputation)Veteran Member (786 reputation)Veteran Member (786 reputation)

Last Active: 3 Months Ago
Ah okay. thats a shame then.

Leaves you probably only with the option to import all LODs in to your 3d app, do some skin weighting ( auto should be fine for the LODs) and export them again as one fbx.

Reading This Topic