Profile Picture

Group Formations Animations

Posted By projectalpha.ks 6 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
projectalpha.ks
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Junior Member (182 reputation)Junior Member (182 reputation)Junior Member (182 reputation)Junior Member (182 reputation)Junior Member (182 reputation)Junior Member (182 reputation)Junior Member (182 reputation)Junior Member (182 reputation)Junior Member (182 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 6 Years Ago
Hello everyone,
I would buy CC3,but I need some information.Very kindly, it is possible whit CC3 (or 2),create multiple animations? that is with more characters?
I'm making an RTS game whit Unity,and i have need a group animations (in Total War style).I post a video to help you understand better.
Thank at everyone,and sorry for my bad english, but it's not my native language. Smile

https://youtu.be/oimIMZHNRVI
Peter (RL)
Peter (RL)
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)

Group: Administrators
Last Active: 5 minutes ago
Hi...

Character Creator 3 Pipeline doesn't create animations. To create animations for your CC3 characters you will need to send them to iClone 7 or some other 3rd party software.

Peter
Forum Administrator

www.reallusion.com

projectalpha.ks
projectalpha.ks
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Junior Member (182 reputation)Junior Member (182 reputation)Junior Member (182 reputation)Junior Member (182 reputation)Junior Member (182 reputation)Junior Member (182 reputation)Junior Member (182 reputation)Junior Member (182 reputation)Junior Member (182 reputation)

Thank you very much for your information.So if I buy IClone 7 and CC3, can I create group formations (like roman testudo, archers who shoot the arrows, etc ...)? I prefer IClone because it is very intuitive of Maya and 3ds Max.I hope that with it I will be able to do my animations
Three other questions, please:
1- would it be complicated to do them?
2- if I buy IClone, CC is a bonus (free)?
3- if CC3 is not used for animations, then what is it for?
Thanks!

ps: In this video at minute 4:40 I see the character moving
https://youtu.be/9Hazb4e0V94
danielswright2311_182877
danielswright2311_182877
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Veteran Member

Veteran Member (688 reputation)Veteran Member (688 reputation)Veteran Member (688 reputation)Veteran Member (688 reputation)Veteran Member (688 reputation)Veteran Member (688 reputation)Veteran Member (688 reputation)Veteran Member (688 reputation)Veteran Member (688 reputation)

Last Active: Last Year
To answer your question yes

Iclone is for animations and creating movies and you can make animations in iclone then save them and transfer them over to cc3 to export with your models. 

Its an easy process but this depends on what format you want. 

Also beware, most of the models are high polygonal and even when you do a poly reduction there still pretty high for gameplay. 

I'm having to bring them into blender and doing a retopology to make new meshes to match the Iclone ones. 

But not for every model, just my gameplay Characters, Stand in models I'm just letting them be. 

Most models in game should be around 7000 to 9000 polygons for good performance, not 16000 to 20000. 

Check out my new Bible Forums
projectalpha.ks
projectalpha.ks
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Thanks Daniel for your reply,and thanks also for the question of 7/9k pixel instead of 16/20k.Until now, I have always developed,and I have never dealt of animations of graphics,but the moment has arrived.
I download the trial version of IClone and try.
a last question:
- When I create an animation composed of 80/120 soldiers (roman centuria), and import it into Unity, Unity consider it as a single GameObject?
 Thanks for your kindness.

Postfrosch
Postfrosch
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (37.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (37.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (37.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (37.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (37.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (37.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (37.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (37.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (37.8K reputation)

When I create an animation composed of 80/120 soldiers (roman centuria),

You Can not Animate 80 Avatars in IClone at the Same Time (Unfortunately)
You have to assign each of the avatars individually the animation (at 80 avatars- a lot of fun) I do not know if the avatars as "Singel Game object" for Unity could be exported. I do not think so.

@danielwrigth

I'm having to bring them into blender and doing a retopology to make new meshes to match the Iclone ones.

If you have CC 3 pipeline (stand alone version), then you also have the remesher "LOD" with you. Damiut, you can create LOD avatars directly from the CC (even those with 5000/7000 polygons.) The "CC 3 for IClone" version (free) does not work, because you only have to go through blewners or some other program.

Greets from Germany
Postfrosch
https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/a2c71866-9009-4601-a4a2-45f1.png

--------------------------------------------------------------
https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/cd9c9a06-21a5-44c5-9f67-6810.jpg
danielswright2311_182877
danielswright2311_182877
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Veteran Member

Veteran Member (688 reputation)Veteran Member (688 reputation)Veteran Member (688 reputation)Veteran Member (688 reputation)Veteran Member (688 reputation)Veteran Member (688 reputation)Veteran Member (688 reputation)Veteran Member (688 reputation)Veteran Member (688 reputation)

I have not tried lod export just yet, but thanks for the information.

The problem I'm having is weight problems, I'm using models with robes and the mesh bleeds through, so when I use the reduction tool, it makes it worse and I try to use the weight tools but they dont work.

Check out my new Bible Forums

Reading This Topic