Videofile as background. How?

Posted By zenyaz 6 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
zenyaz
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Veteran Member

Veteran Member (945 reputation)Veteran Member (945 reputation)Veteran Member (945 reputation)Veteran Member (945 reputation)Veteran Member (945 reputation)Veteran Member (945 reputation)Veteran Member (945 reputation)Veteran Member (945 reputation)Veteran Member (945 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: Last Year
I want to animate my character, and after that overlay it on video. I know that I can do it on the green background, and then overlay on video. BUT. I need synchronize character movement with some points(items) on video. If I have no video-background, it's quite difficult task. So how to use video as a background?
Peter (RL)
This post has been flagged as an answer
Peter (RL)
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)

Group: Administrators
Last Active: 3 hours ago
Hi... If you are using the Windows version you can click the "Create Media" button on the left toolbar and then choose a video file (AVI, WMV etc.) to import as a Background or Prop.

Peter
Forum Administrator

www.reallusion.com

nealtucker
nealtucker
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (1.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.1K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 2 Years Ago
If you are going to use Iclone props over live video I found it best to place the video as a background as per instructions above, then bring in the props onto the grid and move the props or main prop around until they match the scale, I just eyeball it, it can be a bit fiddly but you will get there in the end, match the lighting and shadows and IBL,  add particles etc, the main thing is  DO NOT MOVE THE CAMERA angle/perspective, once set only use the prop move tools.
 I'm really looking forward to when Mocha is available so we can have camera moves on 3D objects locked into a video background, 
Think about it, find a great atmospheric location like a warehouse and film a camera move, then bring into iclone to add more props and avatars, you will save a lot of time and resource memory plus get a real looking set....can't wait'
Below a quick test, I shot.
Neal 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
View my latest Iclone project THEY ARE HERE Renegades versus the overlords Resize Editor

Reading This Topic