Animations into iClone 7

Posted By Dan Miller 6 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
Dan Miller
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (5.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.1K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: Yesterday
I'm obviously missing something. I'm trying to import Rokoko animations into iClone 7 and use it as a Motion. This is what I have done so far:

1. I downloaded a Mixamo character, FBX for Unity, in T-Pose.
2. Brought that character into 3DXchange.
3. I first tried to bring in the model automatically, because it recognized that it was Mixamo, and it was completely messed up.
4. I then selected No to automatic when bringing in the model.
5. I went into 'Convert to Non-standard character'. Made sure the mapping got a green light, which it did with the Maya selection. I then tested each one, back to T-Pose and converted to Non-standard character.
6. I then went to Exporting iClone Content, Export Geometry checked, Export Animation Checked. The only option for animation was Export rlMotion, iMotionPlus was grayed out.
7. Everything imported into iClone 7.
8. All of the animations show up in a folder under Motion in iClone.
9. I applied one of the Motions to Heidi, and several other characters, with the same result. It twists the body completely out of shape and is all messed up.
10. I then highlighted Collect Clip and saved as iMotion. When I used the iMotion it was the same result.

Any tips on how I can get animations into iClone 7, place them in a folder, and use them? .https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/d056e5db-e2f3-4875-9243-9e99.jpg Thanks.
Edited
4 Years Ago by danmiller
griphonman
griphonman
Posted 3 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Junior Member (143 reputation)Junior Member (143 reputation)Junior Member (143 reputation)Junior Member (143 reputation)Junior Member (143 reputation)Junior Member (143 reputation)Junior Member (143 reputation)Junior Member (143 reputation)Junior Member (143 reputation)

Last Active: Last Year
You ever get answers? I downloaded a bunch of non-iclone 3d iAvatar characters with animations. I can import the models into iClone but not the iMotion files. I have 3d Exchange and the Pipeline version of IClone 7. All the articles online regarding this are from years ago. Any ideas how I bring in the accompanying motion files??
Rampa
Rampa
Posted 3 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)

Last Active: 4 hours ago
The motion importing is the same procedure as it was originally introduced. If the motions are the same rig, you can batch convert them. That way you only need to actually set up one.

Chances are pretty good that your rig will be one of the presets. Maya/HumanIK is pretty common, for instance.

Reading This Topic