Posted By kenshinw95 6 Years Ago
Rated 1 star based on 1 vote.
Author
Problem.png
kenshinw95
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (1.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.7K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 5 Years Ago
    I pre-ordered, and recently downloaded CC3 & its pipeline extension. I figured that I'd read up on how to use it before installing it. With the errors, mysterious crashes, and greyed out/absent features, I'm kind of nervous about installing it on my own. Especially since my understanding from all the forum reading that I'll  have to start the avatar in ver.2, to get all the morphs, and skin details "baked" in. Next, use v.3 to convert the avatar to the new version, and import the .obj files to create & skin the clothing. That way I don't have to fight to import the skinned meshes from Blender. So, I'm wondering if the old and the new CC programs can co-exist to do this, or will CC3 completely wipe it out, or take over CC2? Making have to fight with possibly wonky sliders, and no way to use the appearance editor on the avatar?
wires
wires
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)

Last Active: Last Week
You can have various versions of RL software installed on your system. At the moment I have iClone 5,6 and 7, 3DXchange 5,6 and 7 as well as CC1.5, 2 and 3.

Gerry

System: Win 10 Pro (21H2), Asus X99-E WS, CPU i7-5930K -3,5 GHz, 32 GB DDR4 2666-16 RAM, NVidia GTX 1080 Ti GPU - 11 GB VRAM(Driver Studio-536.99), Samsung 850 Pro 512 GB SSD, 6 TB HD storage.

kenshinw95
kenshinw95
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (1.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.7K reputation)

Alright. Thank you very much for that.
Kareeem
Kareeem
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Veteran Member

Veteran Member (790 reputation)Veteran Member (790 reputation)Veteran Member (790 reputation)Veteran Member (790 reputation)Veteran Member (790 reputation)Veteran Member (790 reputation)Veteran Member (790 reputation)Veteran Member (790 reputation)Veteran Member (790 reputation)

Last Active: 3 Months Ago
In terms of stabilty I feel that CC3 isnt really ready to deal with all the new complexer features.
-> Convert CC1 to CC3 Base = Crash
-> Convert to Game Base = Crash

I always had to remove all my clothes and then it could perform those tasks.
It could be that my machine is too old but i think it should hold up ( Xeon E5 2670 & 32 RAM )

kungphu
kungphu
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (3.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.8K reputation)

Last Active: Last Month
k.rehimi (10/9/2018)
In terms of stabilty I feel that CC3 isnt really ready to deal with all the new complexer features.

It could be that my machine is too old but i think it should hold up ( Xeon E5 2670 & 32 RAM )

What video card do you have? That could be part of the problem. I was terrified this weekend. I signed up for a 48Hr film festival and due to several reasons... I was forced to use brand new CC3 and iclone 7.3. Happy to report all worked well. Only had one crash, but the file was restored. Biggest issue was iclone 7.3 wasn’t showing some of my installed content. Had to drag and drop from the explorer. Pain... but still workable. I have a GTX 1080Ti (desktop). I had all sorts of issues using my 1070Ti on my laptop. Once I switched to the 1080Ti, no more issues at all.

My "NEWEST" LatestSmile  Movie Made With Amaaaazing iClone

—> High Noon”ish” in Narrow Valley<—

kenshinw95
kenshinw95
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

kungphu (10/9/2018)
k.rehimi (10/9/2018)

What video card do you have? That could be part of the problem. I was terrified this weekend. I signed up for a 48Hr film festival and due to several reasons... I was forced to use brand new CC3 and iclone 7.3. Happy to report all worked well. Only had one crash, but the file was restored. Biggest issue was iclone 7.3 wasn’t showing some of my installed content. Had to drag and drop from the explorer. Pain... but still workable. I have a GTX 1080Ti (desktop). I had all sorts of issues using my 1070Ti on my laptop. Once I switched to the 1080Ti, no more issues at all.

So, maybe I should hold off on doing conversions? At least with fully clothed characters.
Makes me wonder about the GTX 1060 in mine. That, and if I really should have updated to 7.3 for the same reasons. First, I had to wait for CC3 to release, and now it seems like I have to wait for it to be fully usable.
Kareeem
Kareeem
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Veteran Member

Veteran Member (790 reputation)Veteran Member (790 reputation)Veteran Member (790 reputation)Veteran Member (790 reputation)Veteran Member (790 reputation)Veteran Member (790 reputation)Veteran Member (790 reputation)Veteran Member (790 reputation)Veteran Member (790 reputation)

Last Active: 3 Months Ago
kungphu (10/9/2018)
k.rehimi (10/9/2018)

I have the gtx 1080. So that should not be the issue. Also i dont think those Operations are done on the gpu but i might be mistaken. 

Reading This Topic