Profile Picture

Is the CC3 character base better for facial mocap than CC1?

Posted By modernstoryteller 6 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!

Is the CC3 character base better for facial mocap than CC1?

Author
modernstoryteller
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (2.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.4K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 3 Years Ago
When using facial mocap, do you get better results by using the new CC3 character base, rather than CC1? If there's a difference, is it significant?

I ask because I've already created all the characters for my game with CC1 models and if I have to upgrade to CC3 models it's going to involve a lot of re-work. (This may be confusing for non-game developers, but please just trust me on that)

Thanks in advance for your advice!
Kelleytoons
Kelleytoons
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 4 minutes ago
I think you do get better results -- at least from Faceshift (iPhone X).  I haven't done any capturing with Faceware since I got that.

But you ought to be able to convert all your CC1 characters to the CC3 base fairly quickly so you shouldn't have lost too much time.  That *ought* to fix things (I'm not sure a conversion will be as good as starting from scratch with it, but based on my conversions of Daz characters to the CC3 one it certainly might be).

Alienware Aurora R12, Win 10, i9-119000KF, 3.5GHz CPU, 128GB RAM, RTX 3090 (24GB), Samsung 960 Pro 4TB M-2 SSD, TB+ Disk space
Mike "ex-genius" Kelley

Reading This Topic