Head/Body Separation on Export

Posted By mattrified 6 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
mattrified
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Veteran Member

Veteran Member (758 reputation)Veteran Member (758 reputation)Veteran Member (758 reputation)Veteran Member (758 reputation)Veteran Member (758 reputation)Veteran Member (758 reputation)Veteran Member (758 reputation)Veteran Member (758 reputation)Veteran Member (758 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 2 Months Ago
https://www.reallusion.com/FeedBackTracker/Issue/Separate-Head-Mesh-From-Body-Mesh-on-Export-for-Morph-Blendshape-Efficiency

I added this here.  I'm unsure if this feature is available, but I wish there was a way to separate the body and head meshes and remove the morpher/blendshapes from the body on export.

Currently, I'm working on a Unity3D fighting game.  The default characters created in CC3 are usable without doing any LOD stuff--about 50K tri each (with clothing, hair, and no mesh occlusion), which when only two main characters are on the screen at a time, has been fine so far.  That being said, the body mesh contains both the head and body.  These are already using separate materials, so I wish they could also be separate meshes on export, the body not containing any blend shapes.

I've been using CC1 for awhile, so if that feature was added in CC2 or CC3, I may be unaware of it and haven't found anything like it since I've just started using it.
chrisk414
chrisk414
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Senior Member (368 reputation)Senior Member (368 reputation)Senior Member (368 reputation)Senior Member (368 reputation)Senior Member (368 reputation)Senior Member (368 reputation)Senior Member (368 reputation)Senior Member (368 reputation)Senior Member (368 reputation)

Last Active: Last Year
Hi, I also like some flexibility when exporting in addition to head and body separation.
When I export, I export the body only once and I export cloth many times. Right now I have to export all.
I wish there is the option to export just selected objects. 

Thanks.
Kiwi-Hawk
Kiwi-Hawk
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (2.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.0K reputation)

Last Active: Last Week
Kia ora

I feel a option for having export like Left, Right hand, Head and Feet would be a great help to those creating RPG's similar to The Elder Scrolls series when palyer changed armours and cloths.
Much less work fitting clove/Gaunlets over the end of an arm rather then make sure fingers don't clip, same for feet and the bounus of course is poly count is less. the haeds can also have facial featuer that make them inderviduls and don't look like they all the same family

To add to this I have bee getting character off the UE marketplace mainly those made by artist Quang Phan, and his format is just the tickect for RPG games being able to use his clothing and assets on CC3 characters make to far mor options but using these at this point is NOT possible because of the import limits and the split bodies

Attachments
Female Character Guidelines.pdf (331 views, 1.00 MB)
Edited
5 Years Ago by Kiwi-Hawk
charly Rama
charly Rama
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (7.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (7.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (7.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (7.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (7.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (7.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (7.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (7.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (7.5K reputation)

Last Active: 45 minutes ago
I don't know if it's this that you're looking for but I've bought this and it's so efficient

https://marketplace.reallusion.com/cc-morphs---body-part-set

Edited
6 Years Ago by charly Rama
Kiwi-Hawk
Kiwi-Hawk
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (2.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.0K reputation)

Kia ora

I'd like to have the option to select the seams in CC3 Standalone (yea right, buy another product) to have the ablity to use my characters with characters I own allready and export them in a UE4 pose
I know theres a motion I'm NOT talking about an animation I'm talking about a default POSE that match's the UE4 pose for retargeting to other UE4 skeletons If I wish to use a CC3 character
for this assest for example  https://www.unrealengine.com/marketplace/ghost-lady-s1-assassin   it's hell trying to get a stiff CC3 T pose to match this standard UE4 pose. Having the seams (like below) option means things match up much easyer

OK, I back to say sorry got confused, motion to me is a movement, a pose is a stance,.. I did add the UE4 open A to an export thinking given the name it was an animation, given motion meaning (to me movement) and did find when I loaded that FBX into a 3D app the pose was in fact a UE4 A pose. I'd still like to see the seams options in CC3 tho

O
Edited
5 Years Ago by Kiwi-Hawk
Rampa
Rampa
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)

Last Active: 30 minutes ago
There is an open A pose specifically for use for with UE4. Here is the path so you can quickly add it to your FBX export.
C:\Users\Public\Documents\Reallusion\Template\Character Creator 3 Template\Motion
File is called "Open A_UE4.rlMotion"
If you are the automatic material setup script, which is very helpful, you need to put a zero and underscore at the beginning of the name, so, "0_Open A_UE4.rlMotion". I simply changed mine to that name in the motion folder.

There is a video specific to re-targeting, if you need it.

For exporting body parts or clothing by itself, see this video. I only cover clothing, but any mesh you hide can be deleted on export, so you get any part you want with a skeleton.

mattrified
mattrified
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Veteran Member

Veteran Member (758 reputation)Veteran Member (758 reputation)Veteran Member (758 reputation)Veteran Member (758 reputation)Veteran Member (758 reputation)Veteran Member (758 reputation)Veteran Member (758 reputation)Veteran Member (758 reputation)Veteran Member (758 reputation)

Last Active: 2 Months Ago
Hey,

Here is a blog post I wrote describing the issue I'm trying to solve in more detail as well as a process I use to accomplish this in 3ds max:  http://www.mattrifiedgames.com/character-creator-3-head-separation-with-morph-preservation-in-3ds-max/ .
Kiwi-Hawk
Kiwi-Hawk
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Kia ora

Thank you for the reply, I WILL check out the videos. That said I'm not trying to hide parts of the body I need the whole body but with seams as shown in the above pic's
so that the head, hands left and right and feet are seperate parts
Rampa
Rampa
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)

Last Active: 30 minutes ago
Kiwi-Hawk (2/26/2019)
Kia ora

Thank you for the reply, I WILL check out the videos. That said I'm not trying to hide parts of the body I need the whole body but with seams as shown in the above pic's
so that the head, hands left and right and feet are seperate parts

You're using UE4, yes?

I think you need to do as my video outlines (but with the body, not clothes), but hiding parts of the mesh each time. So you end up with a torso with skeleton, arms with skeleton, head with skeleton, etc. Then you combine them as outlined here.
https://docs.unrealengine.com/en-us/Engine/Animation/Working-with-Modular-Characters
Edited
5 Years Ago by Rampa
Kiwi-Hawk
Kiwi-Hawk
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Kia ora
Thank you Rampa, I'll take a look, hopfully not to mush to mask tho would be nice to have a temple with a check box to activate the cuts so we don't have to do 5 or six exports

I did try it, tokk me 15 min to select an acurate head
NOT a workflow I'd like to see as the standard, while selecting clothing is not really a problem acuratly selecting to mask a part of the body is really not easyspecialy when you need
acurate edge loops and we working with tris NOT really work able IMHO
Edited
5 Years Ago by Kiwi-Hawk

Reading This Topic