Profile Picture

How to get control rig in Maya 2018 for CC1, CC3 AND Game Base Characters with animation and facial...

Posted By 2SGamix 6 Years Ago
Rated 5 stars based on 1 vote.

How to get control rig in Maya 2018 for CC1, CC3 AND Game Base...

Author
2SGamix
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Veteran Member

Veteran Member (519 reputation)Veteran Member (519 reputation)Veteran Member (519 reputation)Veteran Member (519 reputation)Veteran Member (519 reputation)Veteran Member (519 reputation)Veteran Member (519 reputation)Veteran Member (519 reputation)Veteran Member (519 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 3 Years Ago
As the question described, I want to edit animations and facial expressions in Maya 2018 made with iClone 7. 
I saw a rig template for G5 character but not for these characters.
We do not want to rig, skin and put some controls in them again in Maya. 
Is it possible ?
Please let me know or guide anything about it.

Thanks
sibi_naayagam
sibi_naayagam
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Senior Member (370 reputation)Senior Member (370 reputation)Senior Member (370 reputation)Senior Member (370 reputation)Senior Member (370 reputation)Senior Member (370 reputation)Senior Member (370 reputation)Senior Member (370 reputation)Senior Member (370 reputation)

Last Active: Last Year
2SGamix (10/1/2018)
As the question described, I want to edit animations and facial expressions in Maya 2018 made with iClone 7. 
I saw a rig template for G5 character but not for these characters.
We do not want to rig, skin and put some controls in them again in Maya. 
Is it possible ?
Please let me know or guide anything about it.

Thanks

I'm trying to find a solution for this as well. I have 7 main characters and 50 background characters that need to have facial animation. I was under the impression that CC3 comes with a facerig/controller that exports to Maya but looks like it has only blendshapes. Is there an export option or should I use iClone to export? 

Please someone help me out with a solution! This is huge deal for the project. I don't have time to face-rig 57 characters! Thanks.

Rampa
Rampa
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)

Last Active: 11 minutes ago
All the blendshapes export with the character, unless it has been remeshed. Export FBX is in the file menu

Look in the Modify panel for the button to convert CC3 to Game Bone. Note that the button converts CC1 to CC3 if you have a CC1 base character. It can then further convert to Game Bone.

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/5d25e3d9-58eb-48f9-bb0c-852e.jpg
sibi_naayagam
sibi_naayagam
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Senior Member (370 reputation)Senior Member (370 reputation)Senior Member (370 reputation)Senior Member (370 reputation)Senior Member (370 reputation)Senior Member (370 reputation)Senior Member (370 reputation)Senior Member (370 reputation)Senior Member (370 reputation)

Last Active: Last Year
Thanks for the info. But it doesn't export the Jaws for some reason. And there are no blendshapes for the eyes so can't control them in Maya. Any idea why?
Xodroc
Xodroc
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Junior Member (164 reputation)Junior Member (164 reputation)Junior Member (164 reputation)Junior Member (164 reputation)Junior Member (164 reputation)Junior Member (164 reputation)Junior Member (164 reputation)Junior Member (164 reputation)Junior Member (164 reputation)

Last Active: 3 Months Ago
Was there a solution for this?  I was hoping for a profile to setup HumanIK in Maya for CC3 characters as well.
Garry_Seven_of_one
Garry_Seven_of_one
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (1.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.6K reputation)

Last Active: 9 days ago
Hi

Did you ever get an answer to this? I also want a human I’m rig for imported cc character but also with face controls to mix the blend shapes for animation. I don’t fancy key framing blue shapes in maya from the shape editor.

Many thanks

Garry, Clearstream, Seven_of_one
https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/f8c0246a-f887-417d-9f3c-b22c.png
My Pinterests
brett.i.shapiro
brett.i.shapiro
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

New Member (8 reputation)New Member (8 reputation)New Member (8 reputation)New Member (8 reputation)New Member (8 reputation)New Member (8 reputation)New Member (8 reputation)New Member (8 reputation)New Member (8 reputation)

Last Active: 4 Years Ago
Also looking for solution to this... seems that someone? could have a prebuilt control rig for CC3 characters in Maya? Would be double awesome if it were setup to work with Faceware Retargeter!

Reading This Topic