Confusion On Exporting To Unity3D Now

Posted By Merry Paw 6 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
Merry Paw
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (3.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.1K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 4 Years Ago
I checked out the newer videos and the manual but I still am stuck on a couple things.
** Going from Character Creator to Unity3D use to be:  Character Creator - Make your character > Move it to 3DX > Export to FBX with settings for Unity.  If you wanted animations you moved it from CC > IClone then 3DX.
** So is it now Character Creator > Export directly to Unity FBX setting?  Unless you want animation then you would go from Character Creator to IClone then ...where to export? Back to Character Creator or through 3DX?
** Also in Character Creator and IClone 6 direct  FBX export to Unity did not work properly so I would have to move it to 3DX to Export, there were also settings in the export panel to select is that still needed or does the exporter now auto-set it for Unity Export?
** Does this also apply to things like the animal pack (I have the Export license) Do those still (I assume) go from IClone > 3DX > Unity 3D?

Thank you very much for the help in clearing this up.  

Miranda (RL)
This post has been flagged as an answer
Miranda (RL)
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (62.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (62.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (62.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (62.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (62.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (62.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (62.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (62.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (62.8K reputation)

Group: Administrators
Last Active: 2 Years Ago
Merry Paw (10/1/2018)
I checked out the newer videos and the manual but I still am stuck on a couple things.
** Going from Character Creator to Unity3D use to be:  Character Creator - Make your character > Move it to 3DX > Export to FBX with settings for Unity.  If you wanted animations you moved it from CC > IClone then 3DX.
** So is it now Character Creator > Export directly to Unity FBX setting?  Unless you want animation then you would go from Character Creator to IClone then ...where to export? Back to Character Creator or through 3DX?
** Also in Character Creator and IClone 6 direct  FBX export to Unity did not work properly so I would have to move it to 3DX to Export, there were also settings in the export panel to select is that still needed or does the exporter now auto-set it for Unity Export?

Hi Merry Paw,

You can export CC character and iClone generated animations directly from CC and import it to Unity. 3DXchange is not required under this scenario.
https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/b3932f26-2d13-45c4-9040-56e8.png

** Does this also apply to things like the animal pack (I have the Export license) Do those still (I assume) go from IClone > 3DX > Unity 3D?

May I know which animal pack?
If it's not built based on standard CC/iClone character, you shall follow the 3DX pipeline as you described.

Merry Paw
Merry Paw
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (3.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.1K reputation)

Last Active: 4 Years Ago
Thank you for the detailed help, the animal pack would be Country Side Animals. Cows, chickens and the like as well as Household Animals, cats, dogs, etc.
michael.pickering
michael.pickering
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Junior Member (193 reputation)Junior Member (193 reputation)Junior Member (193 reputation)Junior Member (193 reputation)Junior Member (193 reputation)Junior Member (193 reputation)Junior Member (193 reputation)Junior Member (193 reputation)Junior Member (193 reputation)

Last Active: 3 Months Ago
I'm in the same situation.

I tried the suggested approach but got an error message on export: "Fbx export failed".
Peter (RL)
Peter (RL)
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)

Group: Administrators
Last Active: Yesterday
michael.pickering (10/2/2018)
I'm in the same situation.

I tried the suggested approach but got an error message on export: "Fbx export failed".

Please can you provide more detailed information so we can try to help you. For example are you using Character Creator 3 Pipeline? Which character type are you trying to export? Are you adding motion clips with the export? If so does the export work without the motions? Please also post a screenshot showing your character and export panel so we can understand the problem more. Thanks.

Peter
Forum Administrator

www.reallusion.com

michael.pickering
michael.pickering
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Junior Member (193 reputation)Junior Member (193 reputation)Junior Member (193 reputation)Junior Member (193 reputation)Junior Member (193 reputation)Junior Member (193 reputation)Junior Member (193 reputation)Junior Member (193 reputation)Junior Member (193 reputation)

I have opened a detailed Support ticket and corresponding Feedback Tracker entry with all this information. My Feedback Tracker issue is #5207.

The issue occurs when export target is Unity, and my CC3 version is the basic 'for iClone' one. Issue occurs even if the default character is exported before making any changes to it.

Thanks for your help!
Kareeem
Kareeem
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Veteran Member

Veteran Member (790 reputation)Veteran Member (790 reputation)Veteran Member (790 reputation)Veteran Member (790 reputation)Veteran Member (790 reputation)Veteran Member (790 reputation)Veteran Member (790 reputation)Veteran Member (790 reputation)Veteran Member (790 reputation)

You have 3dxchange as pro or pipeline version? If not this might be the issue...

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/10d8d271-01ff-4de1-ba32-0cf8.png

Reading This Topic