Profile Picture

Reallusion, time to officially support version rollbacks...

Posted By Dr. Nemesis 6 Years Ago
Rated 5 stars based on 2 votes.

Reallusion, time to officially support version rollbacks...

Author
Dr. Nemesis
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (2.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.9K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: Last Month
Or make links available to specific versions of software.
The new version of Iclone is out and I applaud many of the improvements. But 1 or 2 of them are causing me enough trouble that I really think going back to 7.22 is my best course of action.

"But you should never install the updated versions immediately because they have bugs!" I hear some of you say.
Well that's dumb. Bumping into the bugs is how we find them and report them. Waiting for the first round of bug fixes before installing new versions is a counterproductive solution in the end.

RA please help out those of us who adopt new versions early by making it easy for us to switch back. I installed, found bugs, filed them in the feedback tracker. But it'd be nice now to get back to a version that functions better.

musicaz
musicaz
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (4.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.0K reputation)

Last Active: 2 Years Ago
  I usually prefer to let others be the beta testors who pay for software to iron out the bugs , then when its all good then its time for me to either update a patch or even pay for an upgrade then all the silly head aches are often gone plus i dont have to become an ugly nuisance looking for solutions to issues that might not happen for a year in some cases . Any time i break this self imposed rule i regret it and i truly dont like asking questions in forums and feeling frustrated that things aren't  working correctly but if i wait and pay later its almost always a much smoother and more pleasant experience . !
Edited
6 Years Ago by musicaz
Dr. Nemesis
Dr. Nemesis
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (2.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.9K reputation)

That process is smooth for you partly thanks to those who install while you’re waiting.
“Sit and wait” is great advice for those who aren’t trying to contribute to making these tools better.
musicaz
musicaz
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (4.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.0K reputation)

I  made a similiar comment on another post in this forum that i have been purchasing software and content from reallusion since 2009 . And i will likely purchase more content and software in the future , in fact today i upgraded to character creator 3 pipeline . But i hope no one would be offended if i said that mostly the only way i ever want to contribute to any software company is by purchasing their software . I  wouldnt be a beta testor for any software even if i was payed , its just not my thing . Perhaps i am not a good customer . 
Dr. Nemesis
Dr. Nemesis
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

There's nothing wrong with that. This post just isn't for you.
musicaz
musicaz
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

I agree mostly with the op to support version rollbacks so i support his post absolutely !  
Dr. Nemesis
Dr. Nemesis
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Thanks.
wildstar
wildstar
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (8.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.3K reputation)

you find a way to rollback to 7.2 ? i am deleted my install after install 7.3 Sad but i promisse i never do it again
wires
wires
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)

Last Active: 3 days ago
The issues reported here are the one and only reason that I have a Backup copy of every Reallusion product installer, and Patch, that I ever purchased - and that's going back to iClone 2.
It's becoming more and more difficult to obtain older versions of software from just about any company today.

USB hard drives are cheap, and USB sticks even cheaper, and have enough space to store any number of earlier versions. The days of having software on discs and CDs are long gone.

Gerry

System: Win 10 Pro (21H2), Asus X99-E WS, CPU i7-5930K -3,5 GHz, 32 GB DDR4 2666-16 RAM, NVidia GTX 1080 Ti GPU - 11 GB VRAM(Driver Studio-536.99), Samsung 850 Pro 512 GB SSD, 6 TB HD storage.

Cary B
Cary B
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (3.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.4K reputation)

Last Active: 13 hours ago
For one of the updates for Iclone 6, something screwed up either in my download or the release. I found that ALL my previous Iclone projects were corrupted and became unusable by the new version. I have since been super-cautious about updating, and while that particular nightmare never occurred again, I have found on several occasions that the new updates "broke" some feature or function I depend on. 

I haven't updated to 7.3 for that reason, though I understand that the only way to find the bugs is for someone to take the plunge. I appreciate those who risk it and help expose the issues.And I too support the idea of the ability of a roilback to previous versions while the issues are ironed out. Otherwise you can be really delayed in your projects, unable to move forward. 

So, what are the major issues with the new version? 

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/848c8492-ac67-42c2-9d27-461e.jpg

Reading This Topic