Macbook Pro for CTA - Hardware advice

Posted By arsenewenger 6 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
arsenewenger
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (1.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.1K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 2 Years Ago
Hi everyone, I'm tired of the time wasted on saving projects and rendering wait time in CTA with my old macbook pro (2012) so I decided to go ahead and upgrade my mac to the new 2018 version. I'm wondering if anyone have any insight on what components are important to have the fastest experience with CTA?

Specifically, I'm wondering about this 2 different options in specs as I look at what macbook pro to pick,

1. Will the difference between these two options of 16GB of 2400MHz DDR4 to 32GB of ram memory make a difference for CTA?
2. and will the difference in the processor make a major difference (2.2GHz 6-core 8th-generation Intel Core i7 processor or 2.6GHz 6-core 8th-generation Intel Core i7 processor) for CTA?

I'm assuming that the graphic card will be a very critical component for CTA so I'm thinking to go for the best option they have for laptops on that.

Any advice would be much appreciated, thanks!

brookelustig
brookelustig
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Senior Member (477 reputation)Senior Member (477 reputation)Senior Member (477 reputation)Senior Member (477 reputation)Senior Member (477 reputation)Senior Member (477 reputation)Senior Member (477 reputation)Senior Member (477 reputation)Senior Member (477 reputation)

Last Active: 4 Years Ago
I’m wondering about this as well! What system specs are most important for speedy CTA3?

Cheers,

Brooke
arsenewenger
arsenewenger
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (1.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.1K reputation)

Anyone that can advice on this? Would the difference between 16gb to 32gb ram make a difference for CTA3?
kylelee
kylelee
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)

The memory ram just influences import your character performance it regarding with you input the image size and video size.
For example, if your character has many sprites, such as your hand sprite have 40 images and you have two hands so your character has 80 sprites.
It will cause the CTA performance to be lower. But if your memory ran bigger then process this character, it does not matter to do this.

Reading This Topic