[Tutorial] Getting Started

Posted By Miranda (RL) 6 Years Ago
Rated 3 stars based on 2 votes.
Author
Miranda (RL)
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (62.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (62.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (62.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (62.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (62.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (62.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (62.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (62.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (62.8K reputation)

Group: Administrators
Last Active: 2 Years Ago
This video will walk you through the much-anticipated feature of importing your Daz characters into Character Creator 3.  You'll learn how to transfer skin weights, assign clothing to layers, edit the skin mesh, as well as apply CC3 morphs, clothing, and accessories to your imported Daz character.

• Exporting from Daz
  • Importing with Transformer
  • Applying Reallusion Content
  • Mesh Editing

In this tutorial video, you'll learn about how you can save all of your Daz assets into Reallusion's Character Creator format... everything from hair and shoes to clothing and accessories!

• Creating & Exporting Daz Characters
  • Importing to Character Creator
  • Saving Cloth Hair & Accessories
  • Applying Saved Daz Content

This tutorial will show you how to fix some of the more common issues that may arise when trying to import your Daz characters into Character Creator 3.  This tutorial should not be missed for anyone who is using Daz content together with iClone and Character Creator.

• Changing Auto-hide settings
  • Modifying Daz Content Data Files
  • Hiding/Revealing Character Mesh
  • Harmonizing Different Character Meshes
  • Applying T-Pose

This video will walk you through the updated process for both Basic and Advanced methods of importing your Daz character with it's various textures in FBX format into iClone.  

• Importing with CC3 Default Textures
  • Basic Import with FBX Material Bake
  • Advanced Load with All Textures Baked

This tutorial demonstrates how you can create an import profile in the form of a .ini file in order to facilitate automatic texture map assignments to your character imported with the Transformer tool.  If you import characters into CC3 often using the Transformer tool, this is a huge time-saver!

• Auto-load Issue: Different Names
  • Auto-load Issue: Baked Textures

This quick tutorial demonstrates how you can export your Daz poses via FBX format and convert them to iMotion to use with your beautiful and photo-realistic IRay renders.  You'll learn how to export single poses as well as multiple poses simultaneously.

• Applying & Exporting Poses from Daz
  • Converting FBX poses to iMotion

>> Transformer-related tutorials can be found HERE.

Edited
5 Years Ago by Miranda (RL)
firefighter1531
firefighter1531
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 2 Years Ago
is this if you only have the pipeline version of cc3 I purchased the iclone 7 pipeline when it came out so apparently we don't get the pipeline version of cc3

Peter (RL)
Peter (RL)
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)

Last Active: 7 hours ago
Hi... Yes you require the Pipeline version you use this feature. You can see the differences between versions HERE.

Peter
Forum Administrator

www.reallusion.com

VirtualMedia
VirtualMedia
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (13.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (13.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (13.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (13.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (13.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (13.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (13.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (13.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (13.0K reputation)

Last Active: Last Year
This alone almost made the pipeline upgrade worthy Smile

Virtual Media® / VTV® / The Virtual Entertainment Network...
http://VTVLive.com
Rates
Rates
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Junior Member (249 reputation)Junior Member (249 reputation)Junior Member (249 reputation)Junior Member (249 reputation)Junior Member (249 reputation)Junior Member (249 reputation)Junior Member (249 reputation)Junior Member (249 reputation)Junior Member (249 reputation)

Last Active: 3 Years Ago
I have been playing with the Daz -> Character Creator import via Transformer workflow for a while now and am still quite confused about what is going on with the various texture import options. Hoping someone could answer the following questions:
  • What is the difference between "transformer -> import Basic -> Bake textures -> with INI file and texture path" and "transformer -> import Advanced -> Bake textures -> with INI file and texture path" Do these two options do exactly the same thing?
  • In the manual at point 13 here: http://manual.reallusion.com/Character_Creator_3/ENU/3/Content/Character_Creator_3/3/09_Transformer/Advanced_Conversion.htm  it says "All the textures ever applied to the character in DAZ will be auto-loaded." What does this mean exactly? As far as I can tell the only texture channels that ever load are the diffuse and opacity channels from the embedded .fbx, spec, bump tex are never loaded. The manual then goes on to say that textures  "that have the strings listed below " will be automatically imported. Where is it looking for these textures exactly? In the .fbx textures folder? In the DAZ library somewhere? This part of the manual is quite unclear.
  • The manual and various tutorials say to "turn embedded texture export off in DAZ." Why? This is never explained.
  • In this tutorial https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OT1IzuPx8cg. It says that using the "basic->bake texture" import option, once the character is imported, textures can then be saved to disk. Then, you can manually copy the various DAZ roughness and bump textures to the relevant folders. However, it doesn't seem like this actually works - When I "bake textures" It looks like Character Creator repacks the textures to create new texture files. e.g the new faceDiffuse texture from DAZ has the various parts of the face placed in different locations in the texture file once it's "baked" by Character creator  (e.g mouth is moved down a bit, ears are in a different place). So when I manually add the Spec and bump textures to the saved textures folders from DAZ, they do not line up with the baked textures that Character Creator generated on import. Is this expected? 
  • When I use the "transformer -> import Advanced -> Bake textures with INI file and texture path" workflow and specify greyscale image files for the bump textures, character creator does not use them and instead inserts blank normal maps into the bump slots. This seems like a bug, is this expected? The spec textures appear to be correctly converted to roughness maps. 
I want to export all Diffuse, Roughness, Bump, etc maps from DAZ -> Character Creator and have them applied correctly, but as you can see from the above questions, I have not been able to do so successfully. Any help would be much appreciated!

stutzcat23
stutzcat23
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Senior Member (304 reputation)Senior Member (304 reputation)Senior Member (304 reputation)Senior Member (304 reputation)Senior Member (304 reputation)Senior Member (304 reputation)Senior Member (304 reputation)Senior Member (304 reputation)Senior Member (304 reputation)

Last Active: 4 Years Ago
I have foolishly bought the pipeline as well I-Clone 7 and CC3 and after staring at the impossible looking user interface, I thought I would try the how to video, where is the T-Pose duf file????? 
if I have to buy this I will not be happy as I cannot find any content I have bought for CC3 so far.
As for Iclone i have given up on that completely as the content I bought never loads and there are no details to the content maker to ask how it loads and works.
Really beginning to think I have wasted so much money on all of this software, I bought it so I can create clothing or use existing clothing to fit genesis 3 & 8 ?
Peter (RL)
Peter (RL)
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)

Last Active: 7 hours ago
stutzcat23 (5/16/2020)
I have foolishly bought the pipeline as well I-Clone 7 and CC3 and after staring at the impossible looking user interface, I thought I would try the how to video, where is the T-Pose duf file????? 
if I have to buy this I will not be happy as I cannot find any content I have bought for CC3 so far.
As for Iclone i have given up on that completely as the content I bought never loads and there are no details to the content maker to ask how it loads and works.
Really beginning to think I have wasted so much money on all of this software, I bought it so I can create clothing or use existing clothing to fit genesis 3 & 8 ?

All the issues you mention sound like teething problems due to inexperience with the software. Everything will be fine once you get used to where iClone and Character Creator install and store content.

For the first problem with the T-Poses, you will find them in the folder below if you used the default install locations. Just use Windows File Explorer to locate them.

C:\Users\Public\Documents\Reallusion\Template\Character Creator 3 Template\DazResource\T_Pose

For the other issues finding content, please explain more about what you can't find. If you have received any error messages when installing content please post a screenshot so we can see what the problem is.

Peter
Forum Administrator

www.reallusion.com

stutzcat23
stutzcat23
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Senior Member (304 reputation)Senior Member (304 reputation)Senior Member (304 reputation)Senior Member (304 reputation)Senior Member (304 reputation)Senior Member (304 reputation)Senior Member (304 reputation)Senior Member (304 reputation)Senior Member (304 reputation)

thanks for the reply, I found the T-Pose file myself and loaded a daz character into cc3 with an item of clothing to remodel, the tutorial does not tell you how to lower a bump or smooth it, so gave up on using it. The other problem regarding iClone I have found the files of the model I purchased, but apart from loading it I want to transfer it to Daz which is where Pipe line is supposed to come in? However there is nothing but another complicated program ExChange? 
1 what did I have to purchase Pipeline for when all it does is exports it as FBX? please point me to a tutorial or information that explains how to do this. 
I have spent a considerable amount of money on buying everything Real Illusion have asked me to buy to enable me to bring something into CC3 and iClone and then connect it to daz3d, which I thought Pipeline was supposed to do?
Sorry if this sounds so negative, but I am so disappointed at purchasing something that is so complicated and has cost so much? 
craniumark
craniumark
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

New Member (11 reputation)New Member (11 reputation)New Member (11 reputation)New Member (11 reputation)New Member (11 reputation)New Member (11 reputation)New Member (11 reputation)New Member (11 reputation)New Member (11 reputation)

deleted
Edited
4 Years Ago by craniumark

Reading This Topic