Profile Picture

If you bring in Daz avatars or clothing you might want to do this first

Posted By Kelleytoons 6 Years Ago
Rated 4.3 stars based on 6 votes.

If you bring in Daz avatars or clothing you might want to do this...

Author
castaldi.raffaele
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

New Member (58 reputation)New Member (58 reputation)New Member (58 reputation)New Member (58 reputation)New Member (58 reputation)New Member (58 reputation)New Member (58 reputation)New Member (58 reputation)New Member (58 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 5 Years Ago
Hello Mike, this is what the Blender console give me back. Repeat, just the cloth because the figure works perfectly.
LinuxDonald
LinuxDonald
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

New Member (68 reputation)New Member (68 reputation)New Member (68 reputation)New Member (68 reputation)New Member (68 reputation)New Member (68 reputation)New Member (68 reputation)New Member (68 reputation)New Member (68 reputation)

Last Active: 2 Years Ago
Try lastest version of the plugin 5.5 and run blender with admin rights. That worked for me
castaldi.raffaele
castaldi.raffaele
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

New Member (58 reputation)New Member (58 reputation)New Member (58 reputation)New Member (58 reputation)New Member (58 reputation)New Member (58 reputation)New Member (58 reputation)New Member (58 reputation)New Member (58 reputation)

Hi, i did 5.4 and 5.5 and blender is in admin mode. The strange is that in the pic (like evrytime) the figure works good but not the cloth. All the content are in the same directory (daz content in D) and the plugin create in the same directory for the figure the root and the cloth.
castaldi.raffaele
castaldi.raffaele
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

like you can see figure comes out but not the cloth.
Kelleytoons
Kelleytoons
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)

Last Active: 5 hours ago
Yes, the error you are getting is that it cannot copy that file to another directory.  Either that file isn't IN that directory or you don't have read/write privileges for it OR the file itself can't be renamed.  You can check both by going to File Explorer and that directory.  Check to make sure the file is in there, and if you can copy it to another directory (try a copy/paste to somewhere else on your computer, like your desktop and then try renaming it).

If that's the problem you may need to login to your computer as admin (not just run the program as admin) or at least change the read/write privileges of that directory (you can find instructions for this on the web) and/or the files in it.  This problem doesn't occur with the avatar because we do not rename the textures in the target files and thus don't need any special permissions.

Alienware Aurora R12, Win 10, i9-119000KF, 3.5GHz CPU, 128GB RAM, RTX 3090 (24GB), Samsung 960 Pro 4TB M-2 SSD, TB+ Disk space
Mike "ex-genius" Kelley
BlueyCreative
BlueyCreative
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (2.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.7K reputation)

Last Active: Yesterday
Version 5.5 is broken for me as well. Same error and it's not a write permission as the folder has full permissions to the folder and it's read/write is set corrctly. Files exist but the plugin fails to write any data.

Kelleytoons (10/8/2018)
Yes, the error you are getting is that it cannot copy that file to another directory.  Either that file isn't IN that directory or you don't have read/write privileges for it OR the file itself can't be renamed.  You can check both by going to File Explorer and that directory.  Check to make sure the file is in there, and if you can copy it to another directory (try a copy/paste to somewhere else on your computer, like your desktop and then try renaming it).

If that's the problem you may need to login to your computer as admin (not just run the program as admin) or at least change the read/write privileges of that directory (you can find instructions for this on the web) and/or the files in it.  This problem doesn't occur with the avatar because we do not rename the textures in the target files and thus don't need any special permissions.

Bluey Creative in the Marketplace

Kelleytoons
Kelleytoons
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)

So the file it's pointing to you can copy to the folder it created?  And then rename it?

If I can just get any one of you to Facetime with me we might be able to solve this (I might need to take over your computer using one of the many programs for that purpose).  Today is a terrible day (two tennis sessions) but I'm free almost all day tomorrow (here at Florida that's about 10am EST to 10pm EST).

Alienware Aurora R12, Win 10, i9-119000KF, 3.5GHz CPU, 128GB RAM, RTX 3090 (24GB), Samsung 960 Pro 4TB M-2 SSD, TB+ Disk space
Mike "ex-genius" Kelley
Edited
6 Years Ago by Kelleytoons
castaldi.raffaele
castaldi.raffaele
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

I'll try what you said when i come back home after work. Anyway let me check facetime? i don't know what is but if can be possible my pleasure to have this meeting with you. I let you know both consideration, thanks Mike
castaldi.raffaele
castaldi.raffaele
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Ficetime is a Mac os system i have a partition with Mac osx but not daz or blender there
Kelleytoons
Kelleytoons
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Sorry, my head was into Mac at the moment.  I meant Skype.  Skype is fine (we don't even need a camera, just audio and a screen sharing.  I think you can share your screen in Skype.  Been a long time since I've skyped anyone).

I also need to look up a program that allows me to remote control a PC -- again, been a long time.  I'm about ready to head out the door for the day but I'll be in almost all day tomorrow.

Mike "ex-genius" Kelley

Reading This Topic