Profile Picture

If you bring in Daz avatars or clothing you might want to do this first

Posted By Kelleytoons 6 Years Ago
Rated 4.3 stars based on 6 votes.

If you bring in Daz avatars or clothing you might want to do this...

Author
Renaissance Man Studios
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (1.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.1K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 3 Years Ago
https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/f391ce45-9c67-44da-9ad7-6ab7.png
wungun (10/3/2018)
well here is my problem with your plug in in this video, you will be able to see the issue of the textures not being in the folders.

You can email me @ Wungun@gmail.com

Edited
6 Years Ago by Renaissance Man Studios
Renaissance Man Studios
Renaissance Man Studios
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (1.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.1K reputation)

Last Active: 3 Years Ago
Mike, I think I figured out the problem. I updated my post on your YouTube channel.
Basically, it came down to how I was exporting the character from DAZ.
propose
propose
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (2.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.1K reputation)

Last Active: 3 Months Ago
Thanks for the plugin.  A real time saver.  Also, thanks for the clarification on the export settings, but I'm wondering about the "export rules", are you changing anything in there, or keeping the RL suggestions?
Kelleytoons
Kelleytoons
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)

Last Active: Yesterday
larryjbiz (9/30/2018)
Thanks for the plug in Kelly...it's great.

I appreciate you pointing me to Blender Sensei..the tutorial was a lot easier to follow with that.

I am having one problem.  I get through all the steps(it seems). 
But when I import my character into CC3, I don't have the skin textures.  I have the clothing textures and all material have been merged, but just the default CC3 skin.

When I bring it through the transformer using the INI file and texture maps created in Blender , everything is there. But it appeared in your video you didn't need to go through the baking and INI file in transformer.

But regardless to my screw up...the plug in is a great access, and really appreciate the map merging. The textures also seem to be have a truer appearance than when I go through the default transformer routine.

Crap -- even thought I *started* this thread I wasn't subscribed to it -- so, so sorry to all the folks who posted here that I did not respond to.  I'll see if I can catch up.

Let me know what character is not coming in with the skin textures and I'll see what the problem is.

Alienware Aurora R12, Win 10, i9-119000KF, 3.5GHz CPU, 128GB RAM, RTX 3090 (24GB), Samsung 960 Pro 4TB M-2 SSD, TB+ Disk space
Mike "ex-genius" Kelley
Kelleytoons
Kelleytoons
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)

pruiz (10/1/2018)
pruiz (10/1/2018)
How may I obtain the routine please?

OK I have the python script - I apologize do not know anything about Blender but I installed Blender, Python and Sensei - but how do I load the script and get the magic buttons in the video? What are the steps please.

I have a video about installation -- here:

Alienware Aurora R12, Win 10, i9-119000KF, 3.5GHz CPU, 128GB RAM, RTX 3090 (24GB), Samsung 960 Pro 4TB M-2 SSD, TB+ Disk space
Mike "ex-genius" Kelley
Kelleytoons
Kelleytoons
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

propose (10/3/2018)
Thanks for the plugin.  A real time saver.  Also, thanks for the clarification on the export settings, but I'm wondering about the "export rules", are you changing anything in there, or keeping the RL suggestions?

Export rules?  You mean from Daz?  We use exactly the same (because, for clothing textures, they are using some of my routines I supplied).

Mike "ex-genius" Kelley
Kelleytoons
Kelleytoons
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Okay, again, for everyone here I appreciate the kind words and have NO idea why this forum didn't notify me about these... wait, now I know.  Pete moved the forum topics around, and I was not subscribed here (I see new headings above).  Okay, I'll make sure I turn on notifications for all these new ones.  As a rule I thought I was subscribed to ALL the forums here.

Now, as to why some of you might have problems.  This requires you export the FBX properly AND that the FBX is on the same computer you exported it from.  IOW, you can't do it at work and bring it home and expect it to work, nor can you send the file to a friend.  FBX does not embed all the maps we need, so this plugin works by identifying the diffuse map (which IS stored in the FBX file) as well as the directory it came from, and then hunts those down along with all the other maps there.

Now, you can open up a Blender console window (go to Window/Toggle System console) and see, when it runs, where it's looking for those maps.  It will also tell you if it can't find the path at all.  If it does find the path but it hasn't written anything, make sure the maps are in the folder it's searching (again, it will tell you).  If none of those things are working, then tell me which avatar/character from Daz you are exporting and I'll try and track it down (not every one works -- although I've tested with over 100, there are one or two that remain stubbornly difficult to get working, which is most likely why RL has not included this routine in CC3.  I'm hopeful, however, they will with the next release).

Also -- I keep working at this all the time.  I'm always testing with every character I can find, and make changes.  Right now it's version 5.3, but the latest link is always that Dropbox one (which is to say that as I change things, it also gets updated).  If yours was working before but isn't working on a character now, download the latest and see if it helps (you might want to keep the old version just in case -- *I* know how to back track, but you won't :>Wink.  And do let me know any problems, as it helps us all.

There are two links -- the first has the files you need for metallic and roughness maps included along with the python routine.  This one I don't update with the latest version as frequently (mostly because I want to be sure it's completely stable).  The second is the python routine on its own and it's ALWAYS the latest version (since I work directly from Dropbox).  Indeed, if you ever run it and it acts wonky you might want to download it again in 10 or 15 minutes because I might be *right* in the middle of testing things.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/8b2lu8vn0wow22u/CC3Daz.zip?dl=0

https://www.dropbox.com/s/0t58cfj4wrijhp1/CC3Proc.py?dl=0

Mike "ex-genius" Kelley
Kelleytoons
Kelleytoons
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

larryjbiz (9/30/2018)
When I bring it through the transformer using the INI file and texture maps created in Blender , everything is there. But it appeared in your video you didn't need to go through the baking and INI file in transformer.

Okay, excuse me, I was trying to get caught up and I didn't read what you wrote with much comprehension (which is why I'm an "EX-genius").

Yes, you definitely have to bake using the ini file (and maps directory) if you want the skin textures for your character.  This is a longish process, so I only do it for the "naked" character.  Since CC3 will correctly fit clothing for us, what I do for clothing is to just use the default Genesis model for whatever clothing it is and do NOT bake then (so the clothes come through quickly).  Then you can assign the textures as I show.  Same thing for hair or other props -- don't bother baking the textures each time but just use a "holder" character.

Mike "ex-genius" Kelley
larryjbiz
larryjbiz
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (2.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.2K reputation)

Last Active: 2 days ago
Thanks for the reply...I did go back and watch your videos...and kinda figured that's what you were doing...
Now I'm heading to your weight map video for 3d coat..see if I can get a handle on that.

I guess it should be under a different topic...I do have a couple of questions.
Not sure how to create a new topic.
Thanks again

theschemer
theschemer
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (7.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (7.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (7.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (7.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (7.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (7.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (7.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (7.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (7.0K reputation)

Last Active: Last Year
Mike,
  Thanks for the plugin and all the support. Works as described and saves a lot of time.
TS

Reading This Topic