Profile Picture

If you bring in Daz avatars or clothing you might want to do this first

Posted By Kelleytoons 6 Years Ago
Rated 4.3 stars based on 6 votes.

If you bring in Daz avatars or clothing you might want to do this...

Author
Kelleytoons
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 2 hours ago
But why bother?  As you say -- the code is already there.  And there's a button to press (it's called "Transformer").  Nothing else they do would make it any faster or easier.

Alienware Aurora R12, Win 10, i9-119000KF, 3.5GHz CPU, 128GB RAM, RTX 3090 (24GB), Samsung 960 Pro 4TB M-2 SSD, TB+ Disk space
Mike "ex-genius" Kelley
eternityblue
eternityblue
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (9.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (9.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (9.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (9.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (9.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (9.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (9.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (9.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (9.9K reputation)

Last Active: 3 Months Ago
Lol, not really. With a slimmed down skin only tool, you wouldn't need to do anything in DAZ or CC3 to get a skin converted, just use the utility to choose the skins and export, the whole process would be streamlined. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

My system: i7 3770 Gtx1060 6GB

propose
propose
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (2.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.1K reputation)

Kipster (11/11/2018)

offtopic a bit but,
the guy above mentions hd morphs
you need a program like mudbox to generate vector displacement maps
this feature was introduced in iclone 6.5 but i never saw anyone do it here
very powerful stuff, a game changer but completely overlooked

I tried using ShaderMap 4 Pro to generate some displacement maps without any real success, but I'm still working on it.
propose
propose
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (2.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.1K reputation)

Kelleytoons (11/11/2018)
But why bother?  As you say -- the code is already there.  And there's a button to press (it's called "Transformer").  Nothing else they do would make it any faster or easier.

I agree, and ultimately the only thing that matters is the textures, so I spent part of the weekend doing just that, converting my favorite daz textures (and there really isn't all that many) to wrap around the CC3 mesh.  So for converting textures, the Transformer Tool is perfect, and if you want the character morph, then the Transformer tool is perfect for that too, although there are other ways to get the "morph" into CC3. 

Clothing and accessories are different tho cause they retain the original Daz textures, so I've been playing around with exporting a duplicated character mesh (minus the parts that I don't need like the hands and feet, and the inner head parts) as a conforming clothing item, which does retain all the original textures.

Reading This Topic