Profile Picture

Please select from one of the following options to download?

Posted By prodos 6 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!

Please select from one of the following options to download?

Author
prodos
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (1.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.0K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: Last Year
Greetings.

Yesterday I purchased several iClone items, including the "Avatar Toolkit Series - Monster Workshop".

I log in to my Reallusion account and go to "Order History".

I see the item I want to download/install.

In the "Download" column I click on the "Download" link and the pop-up -- shown below -- appears.

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/c822e43d-a760-479f-875f-4026.jpg

It says "Please select from one of the following options to download:"

Okay, so there are 4 items under two sections.

So "... select from one of the following options ..." doesn't mean select ONE of the FOUR items.
It means choose whether you want to use the Universal Installer or the Windows Installer. Right?

In that case, I suppose I should use the "Install.RLD" link under "Universal Installer (For latest program)" section. Correct?

Okay, but for the other item under this section .... "Bonus_Monster_Workshop.exe" ... there's no "Install.RLD".
So, for the Bonus Monster Workshop, there's really only one option, not two. Correct?

Or does clicking the "Install.RLD" also install the Bonus Monster Workshop?
Do I need to install this separately using the .exe link?

Thanks for any advice or guidance on this.
(It seems like such a trivial thing to not understand. Oh well.)

Best Wishes,

Prodos
Dan Miller
Dan Miller
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (5.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.1K reputation)

Last Active: Yesterday
I am new as well so I could be wrong but my understanding is, if you're running Windows, download Windows Installer:

Motion_Monster_Workshop.exe and Bonus_Monster_Workshop.exe, then run each exe file one at a time beginning with Motion Monster.

------------------

My understanding of Install.RLD is a universal installer (cross-platform) that will, in this case, install Motion_Monster_Workshop.exe only.
prodos
prodos
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (1.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.0K reputation)

Thanks for replying and trying to assist.

I've just now submitted a support ticket asking about this and will post the support person's reply when it comes through.

Best Wishes,

Prodos
Peter (RL)
This post has been flagged as an answer
Peter (RL)
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)

Group: Administrators
Last Active: 2 hours ago
Hi Produs

All new content packs are now supplied as Install.RLD files only. These use the Content Downloader to download and install.

However some of our older packs also have a Windows installer (.exe). This was the download method used before the introduction of the Content Downloader.

So generally you can install either version, however if a pack has been updated in some way that will likely be in the Install. RLD version only.

Regarding bonus packs, if you see an .exe version then this should be installed separately. Old bonus packs may not be included in the Install.RLD version.

Peter
Forum Administrator

www.reallusion.com

prodos
prodos
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Thanks for the clarification, Peter.

Okay, so when there's an Install.RLD option available, use that.

But ... why is the "Windows Installer" option even offered as an option with the "Avatar Toolkit Series - Monster Workshop" package?

From what you explain it seems unnecessary/redundant. Do you agree?

Perhaps it's general Reallusion policy to ADD the newer "Install.RLD" option to older packages when that becomes available, but to not remove the older .exe options that was originally there? I don't know.

In any case, it looks like both danmiller and me -- newbies -- have found this a bit confusing.

Thanks for your help.

Best Wishes,

Prodos
prodos
prodos
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Greetings.

For the record, Rampa at Reallusion Support, provided a link to the following page which has screenshots showing the 5 steps for correctly downloading newly purchased content:

https://www.reallusion.com/downloader/#learn

This doesn't cover the particular -- slightly confusing -- case of what to do when presented with the option of both a "Windows Installer" and a "Universal Installer" but it does indicate that using the Universal Installer (i.e. Install.RLD) is the preferred method whenever it's available.

Regards,

Prodos

Edited
6 Years Ago by prodos

Reading This Topic