Profile Picture

Correct method to install content in iClone 7? Install.RLD ?

Posted By prodos 6 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!

Correct method to install content in iClone 7? Install.RLD ?

Author
prodos
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (1.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.0K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: Last Year
Greetings,

I'm a bit confused about the correct way to install new iClone content.

For instance, I just purchased the "Magical Moves" & the "Assassin Moves" animation packs.

In the "Order History" page of my account ... in the "Download" column there is a link called "Install.RLD".

A few weeks ago I installed some sort of Reallusion content downloader, so I've got that somewhere on my computer, but I don't know where.

Is there supposed to be some sort of shortcut which opens this "content downloader"?

Am I supposed to install new content using that content downloader? 

Anyway, so with both the above animation packs, I've simply clicked the "Install.RLD" links, saved them to any old place on my computer and then run them.

Do these "Install.RLD" thingies automatically place my new content in the correct folders of my iClone program?
I hope so.

Am I supposed to click the "Install.RLD" link for each item?
That's what I've been doing each time.
Do I delete the Install.RLD file after the installation is finished?

For my After Effects projects I often buy scripts & add-ons from AEScripts.com.
To install newly purchased scripts, I use their special installer.
When I buy something from AEScripts, rather than downloading it from my AEScripts account, I simply open my desktop AEScripts Installer ... If I'm logged in to my Installer, it displays my new AEScripts purchases ... and I then go ahead and run the install link from the Installer -- rather than from my account page within AEScripts.com

Is that how the Reallusion content installer is meant to work also?

Is there an up-to-date "how to" video on the correct way to install iClone content?

Thanks for any help or advice on all this.

Best Wishes,

Prodos

Edited
6 Years Ago by prodos
wires
This post has been flagged as an answer
wires
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)

Last Active: Yesterday
I know that this is a very confusing situation for many users, and something that has never been correctly addressed by RL.

When you click on the "Install.Rld" link a window will open in the lower part of your Browser giving you the options to "Open", "Save" or "Cancel".

You need to click on "Open" and this will call up the RL Downloader and then start the Download and Install of the item(s) selected. Everything will be installed in the correct Folders and you have the option at the end of the installation to save a text file of just what has been installed where to a location of your choice.

You need to do this for each and every item/pack that you purchase.

Gerry

System: Win 10 Pro (21H2), Asus X99-E WS, CPU i7-5930K -3,5 GHz, 32 GB DDR4 2666-16 RAM, NVidia GTX 1080 Ti GPU - 11 GB VRAM(Driver Studio-536.99), Samsung 850 Pro 512 GB SSD, 6 TB HD storage.

Dan Miller
This post has been flagged as an answer
Dan Miller
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (5.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.1K reputation)

Last Active: 2 days ago
I was really confused about that too. When I download something, I save the log in a folder called logs. So at any given time I can pull up the txt file and see where something is installed. The following is an example:

Tuesday, September 25, 2018 7:8:34 AM

Character Creator for iClone 2Content install finished!

You may find your content in the following and [Save Log] to view it later:
ccAcc: (12 items)
U:/_Reallusion/CC2 Folders/Template/Character Creator 2 for iClone Template/Accessory/Torso/Lord Ashes
U:/_Reallusion/CC2 Folders/Template/Character Creator 2 for iClone Template/Accessory/Arm/Lord Ashes
U:/_Reallusion/CC2 Folders/Template/Character Creator 2 for iClone Template/Accessory/Leg/Lord Ashes
U:/_Reallusion/CC2 Folders/Template/Character Creator 2 for iClone Template/Accessory/Head/Lord Ashes
U:/_Reallusion/CC2 Folders/Template/Character Creator 2 for iClone Template/Accessory/Others/Lord Ashes
U:/_Reallusion/CC2 Folders/Template/Character Creator 2 for iClone Template/Accessory/Arm/Bases
U:/_Reallusion/CC2 Folders/Template/Character Creator 2 for iClone Template/Accessory/Arm
U:/_Reallusion/CC2 Folders/Template/Character Creator 2 for iClone Template/Accessory/Others/Reaper Clothing/Freebies
ccCloth: (16 items)

In addition to seeing the directory structure on your hard drive, you can also see where it is within the application. In this case, it is CC2, so when you open CC2, on the left side you will see the Accessory Icon, click on that, then you will see the Torso icon, click on that, then you will see Lord Ashes folder on the right side of the pane. At least in my case I do because it is installed. So the log will show you where your item is on your hard drive, and where it is within the application.
https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/72194256-131d-4511-a2e9-f429.jpg

prodos
prodos
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (1.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.0K reputation)

Last Active: Last Year
Many thanks wires and danmiller,

Extremely helpful replies. Clear instructions, screenshots, additional information ... Wow! Didn't expect that!
It's like I've joined a cult! (Kidding, of course ... and very grateful for the help.)

Also, sort of relieved to know I'm not the only one who's found the process of installing new content ... a bit ... confusing. Smile w00t

Best Wishes,

Prodos

Reading This Topic