3DXchange Pro verses Pipeline Questions

Posted By John1950 6 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
John1950
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Veteran Member

Veteran Member (845 reputation)Veteran Member (845 reputation)Veteran Member (845 reputation)Veteran Member (845 reputation)Veteran Member (845 reputation)Veteran Member (845 reputation)Veteran Member (845 reputation)Veteran Member (845 reputation)Veteran Member (845 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 2 Years Ago
I have IClone 7 Po and 3dxchange Pro and going to purchase CT8 pipeline. My question(s): Can I move morphed and other images
I modify in CT8, CC,  etc freely throughout Iclone 7, CC and CT8 without going upgrading Pro to 3dxhange PIPELINE and just using PRO?
It appears to me that I can but would like confirmation.  Why spend additional money if not needed.
Second question: If/when I want to start using Faceware. PN, Live for MOCap capture etc will the upgrade to 3dxchange Pipeline
be required?
Lastly:  How does one upgrade JUST 3dxchange pro to pipeline. I have explored the various buy options and there
are several bundle packages but I do not see a path of upgrading just 3dxchange by itself. 
Thanks so much for time.
John1950
Peter (RL)
Peter (RL)
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)

Group: Administrators
Last Active: 8 minutes ago
Hi John

You only need 3DXchange 7 Pipeline if you plan to export any iClone 7 content out to other software or game engines in FBX, Alembic or BVH formats. If all your work is to be done within iClone 7, CC and Crazytalk 8 Pipeline then you don't need 3DXchange 7 Pipeline.

You also don't need 3DXchange 7 Pipeline to use Motion Live or the available Gear Profiles like Faceware.

If you do at some point wish to upgrade to 3DXchange 7 Pipeline, just visit the page below and then click the Add-On's tab. Then if you are logged into your account you will see the upgrade price.

https://www.reallusion.com/store/product.html?l=1&p=ic

Peter
Forum Administrator

www.reallusion.com

John1950
John1950
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Veteran Member

Veteran Member (845 reputation)Veteran Member (845 reputation)Veteran Member (845 reputation)Veteran Member (845 reputation)Veteran Member (845 reputation)Veteran Member (845 reputation)Veteran Member (845 reputation)Veteran Member (845 reputation)Veteran Member (845 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 2 Years Ago
Thank you so much Peter. Appreciate the information.

John1950

Reading This Topic