completely confused by iclone animals

Posted By johnwarndt52 6 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
johnwarndt52
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (2.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.8K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: Last Year
Hello,
I feel like a total fool.
I needed a cat for a scene I'm trying to animate. The cat that came with the iclone 7 that I've purchased seemed to be nothing but a lifeless prop, so I bought a pack (link below) that promised to deliver animals with movements. I paid US $29.95 for it, downloaded and installed it, then imported said cat into scene, only to discover it's the SAME damn dead motionless prop I already had in iclone 7!
Perhaps I'm missing something. Does anybody have any ideas? Is there some way to animate the original iclone7 cat? If so, I might be able to get a refund on  the one I bought. Maybe I should uninstall this whole cursed iclone thing and ask for a refund from Reallusion before I waste any more of life on it. 
https://www.reallusion.com/ContentStore/csproduct.aspx?contentid=AIC320CIENU050120091229001

Edited
6 Years Ago by johnwarndt52
johnwarndt52
johnwarndt52
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (2.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.8K reputation)

UPDATE OK, my mistake. It's actually a  DIFFERENT cat from the one that came installed with iclone7, and I've figured out how to get some motion out of both of  them with Edit Animation Layer, but nowhere in sight are the motions it is supposed to come with. Actually, the pre-installed cat appears to be more malleable than the one I paid for. 
Does anybody know where those motions would be stored or how I would access them?
Warped Reality VFX
Warped Reality VFX
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (2.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.6K reputation)

Last Active: Yesterday
Hello, Johnwarndt52  let me see if I can help I will use the horse in this example most characters can add animation in a few ways.
1. Place the character in the scene make sure its selected right click and choose perform choose the desired animation to play.
2. You can go to the animation tab and look for the pack's name you just purchased, you can either double-click or drag the animation clip on top of the character.
3. You can even animate it yourself using different methods it all depends on the type of character if it's rigged or not, you can even animate props.
https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/9703ce61-59fc-42af-b633-3b54.jpg
https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/a686f073-08e4-4cfc-8c55-6cc4.jpg
I hope this has helped some.
Best Regards
Kevin L

Warped Reality VFX.
Rampa
Rampa
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)

Last Active: 1 hour ago
Right-click on the cat.
https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/39081321-b08f-4f14-a850-67cc.jpg
johnwarndt52
johnwarndt52
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Kevin and Rampa, thanks I don't know how I missed the "Perform" feature on the Transform menu, but I see how it's done now. But I'm not finding the pack's name under the animation tab.  No matter. If I can turn the cat upside down and have it perform the Idle movements in the arms of a girl holding it, that will work fine.
wires
wires
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)

Last Active: Yesterday
The Perform function contains only those actions embedded in the model. You can add other motions from the files in the Animation Tab just look for the Folder with the items that you purchased.
https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/72dad22f-b24b-4259-8854-b118.png

Open the Folder and you can add motions to the Cat either by dragging the file name on to it or by double clicking on one of the files. Make sure that the Cat is selected in the Scene before doing this.

Gerry

System: Win 10 Pro (21H2), Asus X99-E WS, CPU i7-5930K -3,5 GHz, 32 GB DDR4 2666-16 RAM, NVidia GTX 1080 Ti GPU - 11 GB VRAM(Driver Studio-536.99), Samsung 850 Pro 512 GB SSD, 6 TB HD storage.

Postfrosch
Postfrosch
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (37.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (37.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (37.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (37.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (37.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (37.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (37.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (37.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (37.8K reputation)

Hi Gerry
The cat and the other animals from this package

are not avatars but props. You only have the movements from the Perform menu. There is therefore no folder with additional animations for these animals.
Therefore, our Treader opener can not find them.
greetings from Germany
Postfrosch

--------------------------------------------------------------
https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/cd9c9a06-21a5-44c5-9f67-6810.jpg

Reading This Topic