Is there any news on Python Scripting?

Posted By will2power71 6 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
will2power71
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (8.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.9K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 2 Weeks Ago
I think with all the excitement of CC3, it's easy to forget the other important feature of iClone 7 that hasn't arrived yet. Do we have any word on when Python scripting will become available? I mean it's one of the few things left on all the iClone 7 videos that have yet to be implemented. Does anyone have any update on this feature?
Peter (RL)
Peter (RL)
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)

Group: Administrators
Last Active: 3 hours ago
Unfortunately Python Scripting has been delayed a little bit and is now scheduled for a 4th quarter release.

Peter
Forum Administrator

www.reallusion.com

Peter (RL)
Peter (RL)
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)

Group: Administrators
Last Active: 3 hours ago
paxtury (9/27/2018)
Hello Sir, 
I am a java scriptor, wroking as a coder in an IT firm,... I want to learn Python and I also want to be proficient in that...
What would I have to do for that?

Hi...

Python Scripting for iClone 7 won't be coming until later in the year. However a quick search of the internet will bring you numerous sites all about Python Scripting. If you want to get an understanding of Python before it's released for iClone 7, then that's a good way to start.

Peter
Forum Administrator

www.reallusion.com

Edited
6 Years Ago by Peter (RL)
will2power71
will2power71
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (8.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.9K reputation)

Peter (RL) (9/22/2018)
Unfortunately Python Scripting has been delayed a little bit and is now scheduled for a 4th quarter release.

I'm fine with waiting a little longer as long as it doesn't get left out entirely. There are functions that I would like to build myself and it seems the only way it will be possible is through something like python scripting. With so many exciting things coming up, it's easy to lose sight of some of the other things that I think are just as important.

justaviking
justaviking
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)

Setting expectations...  Though details remain sparse, the current expectation is that the FIRST RELEASE of Python scripting support in iClone will be essentially limited to "transforms," meaning you can script the move/rotate/scale of items.

It might to a bit more, that that is the heart of this first release, based on what we've been able to glean here on the forum.

Do not expect a full-bodied API set allowing you to program character interactions and stuff like that.  Hopefully this will continue to expand, the but initial support looks to very limited.  Useful in some situations, but limited in scope.

About learning Python...

I learned some via Blender.  It will "expose" the Python script for actionss you do, so that's really cool.  If I run across the video easily, I'll share it here.

ADDED>>>  I found the video.

I shared it in this post (and maybe other places, too):  https://forum.reallusion.com/FindPost364250.aspx

The video "production quality" is not that great, but if you follow along I thought it was an effective video.  It allowed me to go from zero Python experience to making a couple handy scripts that ran in Blender.

iClone 7... Character Creator... Substance Designer/Painter... Blender... Audacity...
Desktop (homebuilt) - Windows 10, Ryzen 9 3900x CPU, GTX 1080 GPU (8GB), 32GB RAM, Asus X570 Pro motherboard, 2TB SSD, terabytes of disk space, dual  monitors.
Laptop - Windows 10, MSI GS63VR STEALTH-252, 16GB RAM, GTX 1060 (6GB), 256GB SSD and 1TB HDD

Edited
6 Years Ago by justaviking
TonyDPrime
TonyDPrime
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (12.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.6K reputation)

Last Active: 4 days ago
Will there be any included sample Python scripts showcasing any simple operations?

I think this could be a nifty intro for those users who are interested, but have no idea how to do anything with Python....

Okay...that's me Blush 

RobertoColombo
RobertoColombo
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (10.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.2K reputation)

Last Active: 3 Years Ago
Thanks Dennis!

I always recommend this free course, which i did some years ago: https://www.coursera.org/learn/interactive-python-1
It is really well done and also very amusing to follow.

Cheers

Roberto

My PC:
OS: Windows 10 Pro English 64-bit / CPU: Intel i7-9700 3.6GHz / MB: ASUS ROG Strix Z390  RAM: 32GB DDR4 2.6GHz / HD: 2TB+3TB  /  
SSD: 2x512GB Samsung 860 EVO + 1x2TB Samsung
VB: Palit GTX2080 TI GamingPro 11GB / AB: embedded in the MB and VB (audio from the MOTU M4 I/F) / DirectX: 12

Edited
6 Years Ago by RobertoColombo
will2power71
will2power71
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

It would be nice to know what features are going to be made available in the first release --I don't like going off speculation. I'm not expecting the Moon and the Stars at this point, but it would be nice to know what we might have to play around with. I definitely would like to see the ability to activate morphs along with move rotate and scale. That alone would do a lot to make me feel at ease. I suppose I'll just have to wait and see what we're actually going to get.
justaviking
justaviking
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)

Maybe after the CC3/iC7.3 dust settles dow a bit we can get them to be more responsive on this topic.
Mostly we are going by what RL has said it will do, and then of course we take into consideration what has been left un-said.....

iClone 7... Character Creator... Substance Designer/Painter... Blender... Audacity...
Desktop (homebuilt) - Windows 10, Ryzen 9 3900x CPU, GTX 1080 GPU (8GB), 32GB RAM, Asus X570 Pro motherboard, 2TB SSD, terabytes of disk space, dual  monitors.
Laptop - Windows 10, MSI GS63VR STEALTH-252, 16GB RAM, GTX 1060 (6GB), 256GB SSD and 1TB HDD

Reading This Topic