Profile Picture

Transforming Daz 3D Characters into Character Creator 3 (Pipeline Edition)

Posted By Miranda (RL) 6 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!

Transforming Daz 3D Characters into Character Creator 3 (Pipeline...

Author
pcdude40
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Senior Member (401 reputation)Senior Member (401 reputation)Senior Member (401 reputation)Senior Member (401 reputation)Senior Member (401 reputation)Senior Member (401 reputation)Senior Member (401 reputation)Senior Member (401 reputation)Senior Member (401 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 3 Years Ago
wires (9/21/2018)
mr_vidius (9/21/2018)
Miranda,

question. is the feature of turning  Daz Genesis 1, 2, 3, 8, Michael 4, Victoria 4.. into native CC with the pipeline only?

vidius.

Yes.

See the comparison chart here.

So now that I'm just figuring out that I will need to purchase the pipeline version to get the DAZ conversion feature (which kinda sucks BTW, why not just include this in the upgrade???) I'm going to pay for some other features that at the moment I probably will not use since I'm just a casual user\hobbyist. I noticed that the trial version comes with the iray plug-in, I already purchased the plug-in, am I paying for the pipeline version and the plug-in all over again?

Thanks!

Dell XPS 8930, Win 10, Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-8700 CPU @ 3.20GHz[Cores 6], 32 GB, GeForce GTX 1060 6GB

"just scratching the surface"

Peter (RL)
Peter (RL)
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)

Group: Administrators
Last Active: Yesterday
pcdude40 (9/28/2018)

So now that I'm just figuring out that I will need to purchase the pipeline version to get the DAZ conversion feature (which kinda sucks BTW, why not just include this in the upgrade???) I'm going to pay for some other features that at the moment I probably will not use since I'm just a casual user\hobbyist. I noticed that the trial version comes with the iray plug-in, I already purchased the plug-in, am I paying for the pipeline version and the plug-in all over again?

Thanks!

Hi.. The CC3 Pipeline Trial version comes with the Iray Plug-in but this only lasts for 30 days. The full version can be used indefinitely.

Peter
Forum Administrator

www.reallusion.com

pcdude40
pcdude40
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Senior Member (401 reputation)Senior Member (401 reputation)Senior Member (401 reputation)Senior Member (401 reputation)Senior Member (401 reputation)Senior Member (401 reputation)Senior Member (401 reputation)Senior Member (401 reputation)Senior Member (401 reputation)

Last Active: 3 Years Ago
Hello and thanks! Already purchased the pipeline after figuring that I needed it in order to transfer the DAZ characters into CC3 directly.

Dell XPS 8930, Win 10, Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-8700 CPU @ 3.20GHz[Cores 6], 32 GB, GeForce GTX 1060 6GB

"just scratching the surface"

Kiwi-Hawk
Kiwi-Hawk
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (2.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.0K reputation)

Last Active: 2 Weeks Ago
Kia ora

Is there any thing about explaining the skin Temple options, perpose's ( pro's con's why's why not's) in the advanced transfomer import dialog I have search all over
and get the feeling I have to trial and error changing from default to use orginal or custom which would probley lead to a total waste of time and be much easyer if
it was in the doc's or explained in one of the videos

Oh and what slot does the Daz SSS file go in? can I put that in one of the custom slots, these things are not explained in the Tut's or doc's and maybe need to be IMHO
What are for example the custom slots to be used for?
Edited
5 Years Ago by Kiwi-Hawk
Kelleytoons
Kelleytoons
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)

I'm pretty sure there is an RL video out there explaining things -- you ought to search their channel.

The Reader's Digest version is that you use Basic mode if you don't care about the Daz texture maps for your avatar (it has no affect on clothing or other items, which always come in with the full texture map set).  Advanced means those maps will be attempted to be located.  And then you need to checkmark the "Bake textures" box (not sure why this isn't checkmarked by default if you choose Advanced other than the Advanced/Basic dialog wasn't there at launch).  From there you have the option to select resolution.  The only other thing to worry about is loading in your own ini file, but it's one of those things that if you don't understand it it's above your paygrade (only half-kidding -- most of the time you shouldn't worry about this).

However, one of those times is if you want other maps to be loaded -- in which case you'll need to dig out one of those aforementioned RL vids to explain how the ini file works.  There really isn't a place for SSS because CC3/iClone doesn't do that, but you can always try the AO map slot.

Alienware Aurora R16, Win 11, i9-149000KF, 3.20GHz CPU, 64GB RAM, RTX 4090 (24GB), Samsung 870 Pro 8TB, Gen3 MVNe M-2 SSD, 4TBx2, 39" Alienware Widescreen Monitor
Mike "ex-genius" Kelley
Peter (RL)
Peter (RL)
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)

Group: Administrators
Kiwi-Hawk (4/13/2019)
Kia ora

Is there any thing about explaining the skin Temple options, perpose's ( pro's con's why's why not's) in the advanced transfomer import dialog I have search all over
and get the feeling I have to trial and error changing from default to use orginal or custom which would probley lead to a total waste of time and be much easyer if
it was in the doc's or explained in one of the videos

Oh and what slot does the Daz SSS file go in? can I put that in one of the custom slots, these things are not explained in the Tut's or doc's and maybe need to be IMHO
What are for example the custom slots to be used for?

Please take a look at the tutorial below. This explains in some detail how to use the advanced .INI file method of bringing in all your Daz texture maps.

https://youtu.be/rPYkbEqX-AM

Peter
Forum Administrator

www.reallusion.com

ultimativity
ultimativity
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (3.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.6K reputation)

Last Active: Last Year
I really miss the SSS functionality. the CC3 2019 roadmap gives me hope.  

I'm curious whether anyone has used the AO slot for SSS?  What were your results?

Nathan

Nathan

ultimativity
ultimativity
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (3.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.6K reputation)

Why would you bake the textures? Wouldn't baking make the characters immune to lighting conditions?

Thx

Nathan

Kelleytoons
Kelleytoons
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)

You "bake" the maps to the character so they are used (if you don't then it will not use your custom maps but rather the default CC3 ones).

Alienware Aurora R16, Win 11, i9-149000KF, 3.20GHz CPU, 64GB RAM, RTX 4090 (24GB), Samsung 870 Pro 8TB, Gen3 MVNe M-2 SSD, 4TBx2, 39" Alienware Widescreen Monitor
Mike "ex-genius" Kelley
ultimativity
ultimativity
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Thanks. That's the piece I was missing to make Transformer work for me.

Nathan

Reading This Topic