Posted By mcculleymike 6 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!

DISAPPOINTING EXPERIENCE OF SOFTWARE REQUIREMENTS FOR MOTION LIVE

Author
Peter (RL)
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)

Group: Administrators
Last Active: Yesterday
mcculleymike (9/26/2018)
I will give my opinion on how to make it easier to understand.
1. Do not separate the "Gear" into a separate product. You actually are not selling us any "gear". You are selling us software, not hardware. We have built very robust computer graphics systems, and are software savvy, to be able to utilize this incredible software package.
2. DO NOT separate Faceware, out of the Live Motion software! It is deceptive and confusing, I know why you do it, because of it's high price, but be honest and straightforward with the costs to do MOTION CAPTURE. That is the reason we are coming to your site after all!

The reason the "Gear Profiles" are separate from Motion Live is to allow users to buy just the Gear profiles they need. We currently have Gear Profiles for 7 different mocap solutions and it would be totally unfair to charge everyone for mocap solutions they don't own or want by having them all built into Motion Live. Having the Motion Live plug-in separate from the "Gear" allows users to just to purchase profiles based on what they need.

3. I know I am a "newbie" with your software. But I have been doing computer graphics and animation for over 25 years. I am a retired professional, and know all the evolution we have gone through to get to this point on MOCAP.. Why not have a lower price point for retired professionals, educators, and freelancers? I am pursuing this for artistic reasons, and possibly to teach it at the college level or technical schools.

You have to remember that mocap solutions like Faceware are 3rd party products and the price we charge is largely dictated by the 3rd party supplier. We can't just make our own prices up. The price has to be negotiated with the supplier. But in fact our Faceware Gear Profile for iClone 7 is much cheaper than the price you would pay when purchasing straight from Faceware for their normal package.

4. Your training is very well done. That is a great incentive for buying your software, and one of the reasons I did!

Thank you for the kind words. Smile

Peter
Forum Administrator

www.reallusion.com

animagic
animagic
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
The Mocap solutions are not created by Reallusion; MotionLive just allows you to interface with those solutions in a comprehensive manner.

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/436b0ffd-1242-44d6-a876-d631.jpg

Peter (RL)
Peter (RL)
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)

Group: Administrators
mcculleymike (9/26/2018)
Just to show I am not making this up, Here is another announcement about MOTION LIVE that I copied out of the General forums. I  !!!don't see anything about Faceware. The first sentence says it all !!!!
In v7.22, the big update is that iClone now works with the newly-released Motion LIVE plug-in to fulfill the all-in-one mocap solution by unifying face, body, and hand capture!
Other new features like full screen mode and some issues fixed are also included in this version.

Supporting the Newly-released Motion LIVE Plug-in for iClone 

Motion LIVE aggregates motion data streams from industry leading mocap devices, and drives 3D characters’ faces, hands and bodies simultaneously. The intuitive plug-and-play design makes connecting complicated mocap devices a simple selection. Motion LIVE is ready to animate custom imported characters or fully-rigged 3D characters generated by Character Creator, Daz Studio, or from other industry standard source.

All the information in that statement is correct. Previously to iClone 7.22 and Motion Live, you would have to buy separate plug-ins which would only work on their own. You couldn't say combine facial animation with full body animation at the same time. Motion Live allows that. 

Peter
Forum Administrator

www.reallusion.com

Reading This Topic