Adding face to a G3 quadruped

Posted By candlelight2007 6 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
candlelight2007
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (1.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.8K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 3 Years Ago
Hi, I have a CTA3 Pipeline and I spent enough time creating G3 quadruped characters using PSD template over the last few weeks and I think I now have figured out how it works. The issue that confuses the heck out of me is adding face and facial features. The template seems to expect you to create eyes, nose and other facial features. But I don't want to spend hours creating custom eyes, mouth sprites, etc, but instead I would like to simply add some of the existing ones from the content library. However when I load the character from the template into the composer the facial fitting is not available; when I try to create, say, a morph based head, it seems to want to delete the existing head, which is not what I want. When I simply go and try adding eyes from the library, the facial fitting is still not available because CTA thinks that the head doesn't exist.

What is the correct workflow to add facial features to the character that is created from a template? It looks like there are two different workflows: one for adding a sprite based head and the other one - for morph based. I watched a couple of videos talking about creating a morph based head for a free bone actor but how does it apply to the template based character? For the life of me I can't figure it out. At this point I just want to add the eyes and the mouth to my dog character. Any hints?
candlelight2007
This post has been flagged as an answer
candlelight2007
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (1.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.8K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 3 Years Ago
Figured it out. It looks like the G3 quadruped template (DogMotionBone) in the Content Library has recently changed compared to the previous version and no longer has Head group under RL_Image in the PSD file for some reason; yet the Head marker under RL_Bone-Quadruped still exists. Apparently it was messing something up so when I copied the Head group from my old template PSD and then cleared the Face group, everything started to work. I was able to easily add eyes and mouth - in fact I created three characters from the same PSD and gave them three different sets of eyes and mouths from G1, G2 and G3 categories. All three worked as expected. Hopefully it will help someone.

Reading This Topic