Ready to make a movie, but what?

Posted By KenCoon 6 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
KenCoon
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (5.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.9K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 5 Years Ago
I have upgraded to iClone7 and have been trying to get a scene together. O now figure I could work through a short movie.
My challenge is.
I don't have the slightest idea what kind of movie to make. I made one about Halloween and one about Christmas in 2014. Those seem to be the kind I like to make. however, I have no short movie in my mind that I can put on paper and plan out.....
Any suggestions?
I have only bought the upgrade from iClone6.54 Pro to the basic iClone 7.22 so far and I am on a limited budget.
Ken

sonic7
sonic7
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (13.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (13.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (13.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (13.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (13.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (13.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (13.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (13.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (13.5K reputation)

Last Active: Last Year

Ideally, imho, it would work best if you had a subject or topic you feel passionate about, that drives you to create a movie. An 'inspiration', a 'statement' or even 'creating an adventure'. It could be based on fact or fiction. It could make the viewer *feel good* or make them *think seriously* or both. It could be a subject you already know a lot about, or one needing researching from the ground up.
At the end of the day - unless it's a *just for fun* exercise, you might be able to impart something helpful or useful to the viewer.
Is there something in your life you've always wanted to say? Then .........

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please be patient with me ..... I don't always 'get it' the first time 'round - not even the 2nd time! Sad  - yikes! ... 
MSI GT72VR Laptop, i7 7700HQ 4-Core 3.8 GHz 16GB RAM; Nvidia 1070, 8GB Vram iClone-7.93  3DXChange Pipeline 7.81  CC-3 Pipeline 3.44  Live Face  HeadShot  Brekel Pro-Body  Popcorn FX  iRAY  Kinect V2  DaVinci Resolve17  Mixcraft 8.1

Rampa
Rampa
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)

Last Active: 38 minutes ago
Maybe something from your life. I bet it was pretty fun teaching that little boy english for a few days! Maybe  see if you can recreate a scene like that.
KenCoon
KenCoon
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (5.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.9K reputation)

I never finished The Book of Ruth 3 years ago. I got stumped making the house that Ruth lived in later and was having problems with the fields.
The boy I am teaching English is one of the worker's children. He comes in and we play search and different games on the computer so he will build a vocabulry. I also am getting him to speak Eglish when he talks to me as I do not speak Tagalog.
I think the thing tht is bothering me the most right now is I cannot find the kids I used when I made The Boy's Night out. They are nowhere to be found. I don't know if I bought them or I cound a way to make them. It may have been in a pack I bought back in 2014 and has been discontinued.
I know if I keep looking something will come up with Haloween and Christmas coming up.

dante1st
dante1st
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Last Active: 3 Years Ago
I'll just tell you what I do, and maybe parts of it will work for you.

So for me, there's two key factors that come into play with my shot videos. Either making a "statement" of some kind (such as in my "Unspeakable" movie regarding child kidnap, and brutally murdering anyone who does that), or, as is very often the case, some sequence, or "hero moment" that looks cool to me in my head.

These days I tend to focus on action videos. For me, I'm only interested in present day settings. If you told me to make a cowboy movie, or something in outer space,  I'd be 1 million percent lost and have literally zero clue. It's not a coincidence that my favorite movies in real life are from "modern" settings. 

You work best with things you like and are familiar with. So what type of movies/shows do you like? Ask yourself that and maybe choose something from that genre.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My iClone short films: https://www.youtube.com/iClone316

KenCoon
KenCoon
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

That may work.
The Movies I have been watching on TV are Maleficent and The Shack. Those seem to be the ones that hold my interest. Both are very difficult as to be expected but there may be an idea in there somewhere that will trigger something for me to use.
Neither are cartoon types so I should be able to use standard Characters for anything I think up. Also a lot of morphed characters so I may need to get CC3 to make those.
Maybe I just need to sleep on it for a few days while I make dancing cow things or something to wake up my memories.
Thanks for the help. Now I can think about something.
Ken
bexley
bexley
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (3.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.6K reputation)

Last Active: 2 Years Ago
Perhaps you should just make a scene instead of a movie.  I had a lot of fun (and learned a lot) just making a two minute scene of two people talking.  I ripped the audio from an old movie, and built characters and a set to go with it (nothing fancy).  In fact I did it three times (the same scene with limited success each time) :

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QBJWPX4PrzM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QXtLbcaiT84
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QAMMSjCdjVU

Great way to learn everything, and you can get it done in a reasonable ammount of time (I built the characters and props in DAZ and Blender in one day, and did the animation in another -- in the last two I used After Effects for massaging).

Look for a scene with a beginning, middle and end.

Good luck!

--Bex.
animagic
animagic
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)

Last Active: 46 minutes ago
Another resource is the http://www.11secondclub.com/. It's a monthly contest, but you can just use it for practice.

They provide 11 seconds of dialog from an existing movie and you have to create a scene with it. Sometimes it's sound effects or a song, but it's always11 seconds.

I entered one time years ago and ended up close to the bottom...Crying

I hadn't seen the actual movie it was from at the time. I hope I have improved since...Unsure

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/436b0ffd-1242-44d6-a876-d631.jpg

Edited
6 Years Ago by animagic
sjonesdc
sjonesdc
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (5.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.6K reputation)

Last Active: Last Year
KenCoon (9/20/2018)
I have upgraded to iClone7 and have been trying to get a scene together. O now figure I could work through a short movie.
My challenge is.
I don't have the slightest idea what kind of movie to make. I made one about Halloween and one about Christmas in 2014. Those seem to be the kind I like to make. however, I have no short movie in my mind that I can put on paper and plan out.....
Any suggestions?
I have only bought the upgrade from iClone6.54 Pro to the basic iClone 7.22 so far and I am on a limited budget.
Ken

Try this website Freedrama. There maybe something there that may interest you! 

sjonesdc Hehe

STILL LEARNING!!!

Data Juggler
Data Juggler
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (12.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.5K reputation)

Last Active: Yesterday
If you Google random plot generator or random story generator, quite a few sites that show up. Some are better than others so click around.

Just be prepared to keep generating stories until 1 makes sense to you.

I tend to either want to make a statement, or to be funny or just to be entertaining or entertain myself learning how to do something.

Creator of the free website:
PixelDatabase.Net
A Free Online Text Based Image Editor
https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/6e6663e2-0ecf-447a-ab3d-d49d.png

Reading This Topic