Maya to Iclone to Maya workflow help needed

Posted By sprecher 6 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
sprecher
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Veteran Member

Veteran Member (584 reputation)Veteran Member (584 reputation)Veteran Member (584 reputation)Veteran Member (584 reputation)Veteran Member (584 reputation)Veteran Member (584 reputation)Veteran Member (584 reputation)Veteran Member (584 reputation)Veteran Member (584 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: Last Year
Hello,

I would like to clear out some questions about the exact workflow:
i have a client that needs Facial performance capture for a project and i want to do it with Iclone +faceware,s plugin
Some important questions:
- can i export a custom Face geometry (of a Butterfly model in this case) from Maya and import that into Iclone?
- Any special requirements for the Face geometry?
- can i model/prepare the blendshapes needed in Maya or how is that supposed to be done?
- after i record the facial mocap can i edit it/clean it in Maya?
wich products exactly do i need to purchase in order to do the facial mocap with Iclone (Iclone 7 + ??) and prices for a monthly subscription
Any good videos about these topics? That would be great!
Thank you
Peter (RL)
Peter (RL)
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)

Group: Administrators
Last Active: 7 hours ago
Hi...

For help bringing in your Maya character, please see the tutorial below. It's for an older version but the same processes apply in the latest version.

https://youtu.be/KjsP7gNr8vE

There are currently two facial mocap options for iClone 7. The first is Faceware Realtime for iClone which uses a webcam for capturing, and the second is Live Face which uses an iPhone X for the capturing. You can find out all about these two options plus pricing by clicking the links. You can find plenty of videos on these in the playlist below.

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLNV5zSFadPdlYtURo_5xrOx4_jBZi6sbU

Peter
Forum Administrator

www.reallusion.com

Reading This Topic