iClone to CC2

Posted By Dan Miller 6 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
Dan Miller
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (5.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.1K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: Yesterday
How do I take a character from iClone to CC2?

Here is the pipeline I'm attempting:

Make Human -> Mixamo for rigging ->  3DXchange Pipeline -> iClone 7 -> CC2 -> Export as FBX

All of this may not be necessary with the stand alone CC3 so maybe the new pipeline would be:
Make Human -> Mixamo -> CC3 -> FBX

I'm trying to come up with characters that I can sell on the Unity Asset store. If this pipeline is a violation of the license, please let me know because I'm not trying to do that. I think with bringing in outside models that I would be aligned with the Reallusion license, but trying to clear this up before moving forward. Thanks.

Peter (RL)
Peter (RL)
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)

Group: Administrators
Hi Dan

Character Creator 2 only works with our proprietary CC type characters. You can't bring in characters with custom bone rigs into CC.

You can bring in custom bone rig characters into iClone 7 by using 3DXchange 7 Pro/Pipeline to convert them to non-standard characters. The characters will then be able to use all standard motion clips but can't use clothing designed for CC type characters.

However as I mentioned in your other threads, any characters exported from Character Creator 2/3 can't be sold outside of the Reallusion Stores.

Peter
Forum Administrator

www.reallusion.com

Dan Miller
Dan Miller
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (5.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.1K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Got it, thanks. I will not make any further attempts to use non standard characters in this manner.

Reading This Topic