Profile Picture

View Mesh (CTRL + F1) equivalent on a Mac

Posted By bald_white_guy 6 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
bald_white_guy
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Senior Member (376 reputation)Senior Member (376 reputation)Senior Member (376 reputation)Senior Member (376 reputation)Senior Member (376 reputation)Senior Member (376 reputation)Senior Member (376 reputation)Senior Member (376 reputation)Senior Member (376 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 6 Years Ago
Hi
Sorry for such a basic question but I'm a complete newbie.
On the Elastic Motions tutorial video the presenter refers several times to CTRL + F1 to view the mesh on a prop.

The only problem is that I have a Macbook with touchbar - with no F1 key (and not displaying as an option on the touchbar).
What is the CTRL + F1 equivalent (a) as a keyboard shortcut, and (b) selecting through the menu.

I looked through the app but couldn't see anything obvious. 

Cheers
Andreew
Peter (RL)
Peter (RL)
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)

Group: Administrators
Last Active: 5 hours ago
Hi... If you are using the Mac version it is Command + F1.

Peter
Forum Administrator

www.reallusion.com

bald_white_guy
bald_white_guy
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Senior Member (376 reputation)Senior Member (376 reputation)Senior Member (376 reputation)Senior Member (376 reputation)Senior Member (376 reputation)Senior Member (376 reputation)Senior Member (376 reputation)Senior Member (376 reputation)Senior Member (376 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 6 Years Ago
Hi Peter

Thanks for responding.
The thing that threw me was that the new MacBook Pros don't have any function keys. Hence no obvious F1.
However, I've since discovered that pressing the Fn key at the bottom-left of the keyboard changes the touchbar (which replaced the traditional function keys) so that they show F1, F2 etc. Hence I can see the mesh and follow the tutorials now. Smile

Cheers

Reading This Topic