Add Primitive Shape and Resize without Animating

Posted By Dan Miller 6 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
Dan Miller
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (5.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.1K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: Yesterday
This is likely very easy but I'm missing it. I have a scene with a character that is animated. I'm simply trying to add a primitive shape, resize it, and attach it to the character's right hand. But it animates the resizing of the object and becomes part of the scene. So if I scrub the timeline it shows the primitive shape from a large cylinder down to the shape I want. Not the behavior I'm after. How do I keep from animating this object, so I can resize and attach to the hand?
Kelleytoons
This post has been flagged as an answer
Kelleytoons
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)

If you do your sizing on frame 1 you won't have this problem.  However, if you have already done this you can right-click on the object and remove object animation at whatever frame you have the size and position you want.

Alienware Aurora R12, Win 10, i9-119000KF, 3.5GHz CPU, 128GB RAM, RTX 3090 (24GB), Samsung 960 Pro 4TB M-2 SSD, TB+ Disk space
Mike "ex-genius" Kelley
Dan Miller
Dan Miller
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (5.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.1K reputation)

Got it, and thanks for the help. I was chasing my tail for a bit over something so simple   Smile

Reading This Topic