Profile Picture

Exporting head from CT 8.13 to CC 3 (when released)

Posted By andre_467001 6 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
andre_467001
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Senior Member (322 reputation)Senior Member (322 reputation)Senior Member (322 reputation)Senior Member (322 reputation)Senior Member (322 reputation)Senior Member (322 reputation)Senior Member (322 reputation)Senior Member (322 reputation)Senior Member (322 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 5 Years Ago

Hello from sunny South Africa!!!
As you will notice, I am brand new to the forum so please do not hesitate to let me know if I break the rules anywhere ;-)
I create accurate heads from 1 or 2 photos for further refining in something like meshmixer or meshlab.
I understand that I cannot export directly to an external program but have been reliably informed by Reallusion that once CC3 is released, I can send the head created in CT 8.13 directly to CC3 and from there export as .obj file. (It is apparently no longer necessary to export to iclone first then to 3dxchange to achieve this. I have already purchased 8.13 Pipeline and pre-ordered CC3 Pipeline.)
I have 2 questions: -

1. When I do the export from CT 8 to CC3 and then to external editor (meshmixer), will the hair, eyes, etc used in CT 8 also be exported in the final .obj file? (I have been on the forums but cannot find an exact answer to the above question)
  2. I also want to buy some extra hair content ………….. only need the hair (not other accessories i.e. full packs). Is it possible to buy hair (some different styles from that which came with CT 8) only without clothing, accessories, etc. (I have been searching the content store but cannot find if there are just hair packs or single hair style that can be purchased separately
  3. I apologise if this message is too long but I did not find any way to shorten the messages that I want to get across and would really appreciate some answers to.
Kind Regards,
Andre' Van Zyl
Peter (RL)
This post has been flagged as an answer
Peter (RL)
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)

Group: Administrators
Last Active: Yesterday
Hi Andre

Welcome to the forum.

I'll try to answer your questions for you.

1. When you export a Crazytalk 8 head you only get the head itself. No hair or accessories are exported. Likewise if you export OBJ from Character Creator 3 you only get the avatar itself with no accessories or hair (and importantly no bones). If you want to export from CC3 with hair, clothing and accessories then you will need to export in FBX format.

2. For CrazyTalk 8 we do have the Party Fun Hair pack which contains some additional styles. However as the hair isn't exported with the CT8 head, you may prefer to buy additional hair packs for CC3 rather than CT8. You can then add the hair in CC3 if you plan to export from there. You can find some of the available Hair packs HERE.

Peter
Forum Administrator

www.reallusion.com

justaviking
justaviking
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)

Last Active: Last Week
Andre,

I'll give you a proactive "Greetings, and WELCOME to the forum."

Stop by the "Newbie - Say Hello" section of the forum.
Introduce yourself a bit.  What products you have, any animation and/or modeling and/or texturing experience you might have, what you hope to accomplish with the Reallusion projects, stuff like that.

iClone 7... Character Creator... Substance Designer/Painter... Blender... Audacity...
Desktop (homebuilt) - Windows 10, Ryzen 9 3900x CPU, GTX 1080 GPU (8GB), 32GB RAM, Asus X570 Pro motherboard, 2TB SSD, terabytes of disk space, dual  monitors.
Laptop - Windows 10, MSI GS63VR STEALTH-252, 16GB RAM, GTX 1060 (6GB), 256GB SSD and 1TB HDD

Edited
6 Years Ago by justaviking
andre_467001
andre_467001
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Senior Member (322 reputation)Senior Member (322 reputation)Senior Member (322 reputation)Senior Member (322 reputation)Senior Member (322 reputation)Senior Member (322 reputation)Senior Member (322 reputation)Senior Member (322 reputation)Senior Member (322 reputation)

Hi Peter,
Thank you very much for your reply, it is greatly appreciated !!
When you say that no bones are exported - will the shaping in "detailed morphing" be lost then or will it just be the head that I have created in CT 8 and sent to CC 3?
With respect to adding the hair in CC 3 before export, that would be absolutely great ! So thank you for pointing me in the right direction there.
I am sure I can use the .fbx format in meshmixer - will just have to confirm that (and if that is the case then I am sorted :-) )
P.S. Any idea as to when CC 3 is expected to be released?
P.P.S. I am going to look at the hair for CC 3 as soon as I have posted this.
Kind Regards,
Andre'

Peter (RL)
This post has been flagged as an answer
Peter (RL)
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)

OBJ exports only contain the mesh and textures so anything you export in this format will not contain bones and so won't be able to be animated unless the character is rigged again. It will still be the head you created though. Generally FBX is the preferred option. With FBX your export will include the bone rig, clothing, hair and any accessories attached.

Peter
Forum Administrator

www.reallusion.com

andre_467001
andre_467001
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Hi Peter,
Thanks once again for replying.
With your answers, I am comfortable that I will be able to achieve what I need to with CT 8 and CC 3 :-)
I need to ask another question but am not sure if the forums is the right place to do it - is it possible to contact you directly?
The question is related to your products and users.

Kind Regards,
Andre'
Peter (RL)
Peter (RL)
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Hi Andre

You can send me a private message. Just click my name on the left side and then click the PM button to send a message. Smile

Peter
Forum Administrator

www.reallusion.com

Reading This Topic