Rated 5 stars based on 1 vote.

Are you happy to see a direct-to-Game-engine export in CC3 - Pipeline

Are you happy to see a direct-to-Game-engine export in CC3 - Pipeline

Author
Atonnis
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (1.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.8K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 5 Years Ago
A while back I posted a quick poll, and although surprising to some, the results did have a strong (not majority) leaning towards movie making and the like. https://forum.reallusion.com/316275/Would-you-like-to-see-a-directtoGameengine-export-in-CC2-or-Pipeline - now I know the question is partially moot, but I adjusted it slightly in order to see how people are looking forward (or not) to the new CC3.

As I look back on my old posts, I decided to just have a poke around and see how people still feel about the topic.  Being primarily Unreal-self-taught most of my reasoning will come from there...

1. The Unreal Engine has made massive strides in its own movie-making capabilities...so much so that rewind/forward is nothing but being able to completely re-angle a camera shot without having to set up a new camera...love it.

2. Epic have made a concerted effort to include as many professional film/movie camera profies as they can.  Post-production is built into the system, and obviously green-screen is in there as well.

3. My favourite - the newest technologies (read them up if you're not aware) allow for such things as LIVE RENDERING OF IRAY.  Granted this make take some significant computing power, but I'll be the first to say I'm going for the Geforce RTX 2080Ti.  Even without such a device, it shows that movie making with realistic figures is becoming a possibility.

4. The 'Serkis / Cumberbatch Argument' - if you're willing to create a character (hello CC3!), do the correct mapping and then use the right tools within iClone's suite or, perhaps more developed - the Unreal Engine you can create phenomenally accurate speaking, behaving, expression and animation, and given the massive library of motions out there, you could blend those in to make it more real.

I'm sure there's more, but my pills are kicking in and I'm tired.  Best to all!

Paul C
akuei2
akuei2
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (1.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.2K reputation)

Last Active: Last Year
IMHO, CC3 is great pipeline import 3d party stuff (especially outfit or morph ) to C3 character. In other words, C3 character can only operate well in RL app's environment such: bend corrective, material optimum & so-on.

So, I don't think C3 character can do well at 3rd party environment as in Iclone.
For budget user who's motion graffic or hobby's movie creation, better  bending stronger with Iclone.

What I thought ...

If RL can enhance Iclone import function ( support alembic, point could ), and improve realtime render quality ( SSS, customize shader ).
All will be the best result.
animagic
animagic
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)

Last Active: 6 hours ago
@Atonnis: I've probably answered previously that I'm mainly into moviemaking the last time, so this time I didn't respond.

The way I see it, the options are not necessarily exclusive of each other. I may not care about exporting to games, but I'm not against it even though making movies is my thing.

My understanding is that CC3 as stand-alone product (the Pipeline) is no longer exclusively for iClone, as there are functions (such as LOD) for game optimization. So I would think that CC3 characters are definitely suitable for games.

So my question to you is, other than FBX export what else do you need?

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/436b0ffd-1242-44d6-a876-d631.jpg

sonic7
sonic7
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (13.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (13.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (13.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (13.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (13.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (13.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (13.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (13.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (13.4K reputation)

Similar to Ani above (though haven't voted before) ....
For this I went with ●3 - though I equally agree with ●4

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please be patient with me ..... I don't always 'get it' the first time 'round - not even the 2nd time! Sad  - yikes! ... 
MSI GT72VR Laptop, i7 7700HQ 4-Core 3.8 GHz 16GB RAM; Nvidia 1070, 8GB Vram iClone-7.93  3DXChange Pipeline 7.81  CC-3 Pipeline 3.44  Live Face  HeadShot  Brekel Pro-Body  Popcorn FX  iRAY  Kinect V2  DaVinci Resolve17  Mixcraft 8.1

mr_vidius
mr_vidius
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (1.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.9K reputation)

Last Active: Yesterday
animagic (9/16/2018)
@Atonnis: I've probably answered previously that I'm mainly into moviemaking the last time, so this time I didn't respond.

The way I see it, the options are not necessarily exclusive of each other. I may not care about exporting to games, but I'm not against it even though making movies is my thing.

My understanding is that CC3 as stand-alone product (the Pipeline) is no longer exclusively for iClone, as there are functions (such as LOD) for game optimization. So I would think that CC3 characters are definitely suitable for games.

What else do I need? well... it would be really nice if I could export those CC3 characters into the real world. Then I could have a better class of friends
to hang out with. BigGrin   Maybe RL could make that happen when they create an update to CC3.

vidius

Edited
6 Years Ago by mr_vidius
gerdich
gerdich
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (2.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.4K reputation)

I would prefere a freely redistributable interactive model viewer: An API that I can integrate in my Delphi (or Visual Studio) applications and run on Windows, OSX, Android and iOS.

iClone and Game engines have different features. If you translate you lose. And there is much trouble with the different file formats.
Game engines are for very special applications. Today with VR there are much more use cases. Much of them don't need all the complexity of a game.

There should be a Reallusion component that I can paste on my Delphi form which allows me to represent an iClone Scene in its own way, with a rich access to the features Reallusion has implemented.
No file conversion, but an organic viewer. That is what I am searching for.

Atonnis
Atonnis
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (1.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.8K reputation)

Last Active: 5 Years Ago
mr_vidius(9/16/2018)
animagic (9/16/2018)

What else do I need? well... it would be really nice if I could export those CC3 characters into the real world. Then I could have a better class of friends
to hang out with. BigGrin   Maybe RL could make that happen when they create an update to CC3.

vidius

Given that importing DAZ characters and their outfits will be distinctly easier, I think all we need now is some kind of 'Weird Science' device and I'll end up being a sad old disabled pervert stuck at his computer wishing he could actually do something about it.  Sigh...

My next project is to make the most realistic-looking TV series I can using iClone CC3 and the Unreal Engine.  I've been screenwriting and dialoguing an adaptation of the Death Gate Series by Margaret Weiss and Tracy Hickman.  I always thought it would make a fantastic TV show (perhaps a bit much for movies - but may be not...?)   I want to see if I can push the boundaries of TV shows past the uncanny valley - or at least so far deep into it that everyone gets used to living there - plus I have some d*mn good moments already designed.  I'll need a lot of motion captured dancers though.

Anyway, I digress.  I just wanted to see how peoples' views might've changed.

Also, in short:  I'd LOVE to see some of these iclone creations some of you have made.  My body may be slowly failing me, but my mind would love to experience more.
sonic7
sonic7
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (13.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (13.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (13.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (13.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (13.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (13.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (13.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (13.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (13.4K reputation)

Sent you a PM .....

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please be patient with me ..... I don't always 'get it' the first time 'round - not even the 2nd time! Sad  - yikes! ... 
MSI GT72VR Laptop, i7 7700HQ 4-Core 3.8 GHz 16GB RAM; Nvidia 1070, 8GB Vram iClone-7.93  3DXChange Pipeline 7.81  CC-3 Pipeline 3.44  Live Face  HeadShot  Brekel Pro-Body  Popcorn FX  iRAY  Kinect V2  DaVinci Resolve17  Mixcraft 8.1

animagic
animagic
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)

Last Active: 6 hours ago
Atonnis (9/16/2018)
Also, in short:  I'd LOVE to see some of these iclone creations some of you have made.  My body may be slowly failing me, but my mind would love to experience more.

If interested, check out my YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/zuijlen. This link is also in my signature, as is a link to my website.

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/436b0ffd-1242-44d6-a876-d631.jpg

Snarp Farkle
Snarp Farkle
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (5.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.0K reputation)

Last Active: 3 days ago
This is not an easy question for me to answer because eleven years ago when I first decided to get involved with animation I was more or less wanting to learn how to make a game, but having the ability to tell a story with animation also intrigued me and that's what was, and is, happening in the gaming industry even now. 

But unfortunately at the time the costs in both time and money were way out of reach for me then to actively get involved.  A couple years later I ran into a trial version of iClone 3, just one of the many animation programs I was investigating back then, and I saw that with iClone I actually could learn this stuff!  But again the costs were just too high.  Then iClone 4 came out and I saw all the improvements and ease of use, more of less, and decided that when I was able to afford to invest in an animation program that Reallusion was the company I would get involved with because I liked their view of the future of 3D animation.  I now have iClone 5,6 & 7, CrazyTalk 5,6,7 & 8, CrazyTalkAnimator 2 & 3, 3dXchange 5, 6 & 7 Pipeline, PopVideo, and most of the other plugins.

There's still room for improvement in Reallusion products, I still don't have the ability to have facial hair move with expressions or speech or a long beard blowing in the wind for example.  Ermm

To make a very long story short... I guess I'm still looking into making either a game with movies or a movie that turns into a game and that's because I have four boys and nine grandchildren that have been more or less born into the gaming era and, like it or not, it's where they are learning... or should I say being influenced by strangers, how to make some important choices that may affect how they will react to real world situations. 

Games shouldn't be only about how to be the best at killing people, or how to be a better thief or bully, as I see in a lot of the games out there now.  I think it's the feeling of accomplishment in a virtual world that kids just can't get in the real world that keeps them hooked, and if I can learn to create something that will help my grandchildren with their faces on an avatar, learn real world lessons via a virtual world game with movies on a shoestring budget, CC3 is a tool that I will need and am excited to get into it!

Besides, should a zombie apocalypse or a living in space type scenario actually occur in their lifetime, then they will already have the mindset skills in place to maybe survive it and help keep things from eating my brain too! Crazy

Dell XPS 8900, Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-6700 CPU @ 3.40GHz, 3408 Mhz, 4 Core(s), 8 Logical Processor(s), 16 GB RAM, - 4 GB GeForce GTX 745, NVIDIA compatible.
Acer Aspire V Nitro Laptop,  2.5GHz Intel Core i5-7300HQ processor with 6MB cache,  256GB solid state drive, 16GB Ram,  4 GB NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 Ti graphics.

Reading This Topic