Question on Face Animation Creation & Free-bone tutorial

Posted By elektralusion 6 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!

Question on Face Animation Creation & Free-bone tutorial

Author
elektralusion
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Senior Member (361 reputation)Senior Member (361 reputation)Senior Member (361 reputation)Senior Member (361 reputation)Senior Member (361 reputation)Senior Member (361 reputation)Senior Member (361 reputation)Senior Member (361 reputation)Senior Member (361 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 6 Years Ago
Hello, everyone.
I am new to CTA. I have a painting I'd like to animate. I have prepared it with various layers: non-moving background, foreground elements. Then I have my figure with head and head separate; both png alphas.

In the tutorial for the chihuahua, they make the head by masking it in CTA, but I already have it separate, so how do I use that.

Also, in my painting, the eyes are partially closed. Should I prepare the image with the eyes open?

Thank you
elektralusion
elektralusion
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Senior Member (361 reputation)Senior Member (361 reputation)Senior Member (361 reputation)Senior Member (361 reputation)Senior Member (361 reputation)Senior Member (361 reputation)Senior Member (361 reputation)Senior Member (361 reputation)Senior Member (361 reputation)

So, I have figured some things out.  I have gotten my figure in. Added the custom head. Have it animatable.
She has a headpiece I must now add on to her, but am still looking for how to add that. Too much of the information is centered on adding pre-made things. I would like to know how to create my own. Like, how can I make my own morphable eyes and teeth. I would imagine there are developer guidelines, but haven't found this yet either.

I am pleased with this first animation test. I learned a lot, in particular some idiosyncrasies of the program.

I tried adding the background, which you can see has a vertical format, and it loaded it in a stretched landscape. Is there a way for me too make it portrait? Do I need to add dead space? Above the background and animated figure needs to be 1) the head prop 2) the arms, what they hold and sash over body as static props. Any advice or pointers to video or written tutorials will be much appreciated. Thank you.

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/b09d3656-5d60-4212-b582-5c37.jpg

elektralusion
elektralusion
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

So I really had to hunt for some information I needed, but as much work as this still needs, I'm rather pleased with the progress.
One thing I'd like to see is the ability to scale from a predetermined point and not just center (if there is, kindly show how, please).

Peter (RL)
Peter (RL)
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)

Group: Administrators
Last Active: Yesterday
Thanks for sharing your experiences with CTA3. Great first video. It appears you have now been able to overcome the initial teething problems. Smile

Peter
Forum Administrator

www.reallusion.com

Reading This Topic