Profile Picture

Will the new Iphones X (XS, XR) be compatible?

Posted By Pixel4Fiction 6 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
Pixel4Fiction
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Senior Member (318 reputation)Senior Member (318 reputation)Senior Member (318 reputation)Senior Member (318 reputation)Senior Member (318 reputation)Senior Member (318 reputation)Senior Member (318 reputation)Senior Member (318 reputation)Senior Member (318 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: Last Week
Hi guys, I tried, in vain, to know if the new iphones X would be compatible with the Liveface module ... I indeed tested Faceware and I'm not very satisfied with the result despite all "good" stuff of my modest studio (lighting, Hexacore, HD 60 fps camera, 2xTitan X, 64 GB DRAM) ... I was disappointed also by the rather negative comments (well, not all) on the forums about faceware (although it must be said that the setting must be longer to achieve to have something perfect) ...
Before investing in an iphone X ... I would have liked to know if the plugin and profiles will be compatible with the new Iphone XS, Max and XR?

Thanks for your reply.

FRED
animagic
animagic
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)

Last Active: 3 hours ago
The new iPhones being quite expensive, someone would need to supply RL with them in order for testing to be possible. My understanding of the new phones is that the essential hardware is similar, they just have faster processing. 

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/436b0ffd-1242-44d6-a876-d631.jpg

Pixel4Fiction
Pixel4Fiction
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Senior Member (318 reputation)Senior Member (318 reputation)Senior Member (318 reputation)Senior Member (318 reputation)Senior Member (318 reputation)Senior Member (318 reputation)Senior Member (318 reputation)Senior Member (318 reputation)Senior Member (318 reputation)

Last Active: Last Week
Thank you Animagic for your reply. This is precisely to avoid investing in a model that may become "out-of-date" ... technically; knowing that the Mocap requires a lot of system resources. Then, if the arrival of new Iphones can lower the price of the old ... it will be quite good.
Arul2022
Arul2022
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Junior Member (132 reputation)Junior Member (132 reputation)Junior Member (132 reputation)Junior Member (132 reputation)Junior Member (132 reputation)Junior Member (132 reputation)Junior Member (132 reputation)Junior Member (132 reputation)Junior Member (132 reputation)

Last Active: Last Year
I have Iphone XR and it works fine with plugin and other assets

Reading This Topic