Profile Picture

When would you actually import an image as a background vs prop?

Posted By gkscoot 6 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!

When would you actually import an image as a background vs prop?

Author
gkscoot
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (1.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.4K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 6 Years Ago
When I import an image as a background or image layer, I have no control over it and it doesn't seem nearly as useful as importing the same thing as a prop.
When would it ever be an advantage to import an image as other than Prop?

Thank you
nealtucker
nealtucker
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (1.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.1K reputation)

Last Active: 2 Years Ago
Hi, I'm glad you asked?, I've been experimenting with this for a while for a project I'm working on and am getting great results for what I have in mind.
I found that if you right click and drag and choose "background texture...diffuse map" then the Pic or Video will take up the whole screen just like using back projection in the old days, set the camera in Iclone to the same setting you had on the camera when you took the shot ie. 28mm lens, my Video camera is about 31mm set to the widest angle, play with the grid to eyeball the perspective and then add props to the scene, add 2/3 spotlights to match your footage lighting then atmos fx.
You can change the look and feel of the whole scene in the "Visual Tab / folder icon / post effects, click small folder at the bottom of the box and load a LUT, mix the LUT with the original Iclone stage with the slider..sweet.
For a Video background, the camera must be set on a tripod "locked off" with no movement, this is good for movement in the background for tree etc like in the Video  
Be careful not to move the perspective with left and right click and drag as it messes everything up.
When rendered out you can zoom and track in your NLE editor.
When we get Moca tracking at the end of the year.....fingers crossed, it will be a whole new ball game

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
View my latest Iclone project THEY ARE HERE Renegades versus the overlords Resize Editor
Edited
6 Years Ago by nealtucker
gkscoot
gkscoot
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (1.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.4K reputation)

Last Active: 6 Years Ago
Hi Neal,
That's a cool video. But - I thought this forum was for Crazy Talk Animator? That is where my question is, I don't have iClone.
Would what you said still apply in some way?

nealtucker
nealtucker
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (1.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.1K reputation)

Last Active: 2 Years Ago
Hi gkscoot, I do not have CrazyTalk Animator but on the website, it says it supports many picture and video formats so it seems like you could have a video or still image background with CT animation in front,
N. 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
View my latest Iclone project THEY ARE HERE Renegades versus the overlords Resize Editor
Save the spaceman
Save the spaceman
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Last Active: 4 Years Ago
Hello
I make all my backgrounds as props. I need the ability to move them in all directions.
the only use I can think for image layers/ backgrounds is for skies, space...e.t.c
https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/247fc6c9-3086-40bc-9aee-0802.gif

Reading This Topic