Profile Picture

Failed to update G3 character

Posted By kvanes 6 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
kvanes
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Senior Member (494 reputation)Senior Member (494 reputation)Senior Member (494 reputation)Senior Member (494 reputation)Senior Member (494 reputation)Senior Member (494 reputation)Senior Member (494 reputation)Senior Member (494 reputation)Senior Member (494 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 3 Years Ago
Hi, can anyone help me with this character creation problem?
- I've made a cartoon character using the AI template file Elastic_Folks_Front.ai. I've kept all the layers and layer names exactly the same.
- I then output the AI file to Photoshop (Export As..., Use Art boards, Write Layers) to create the PSD file of the cartoon character.
- In CrazyTalk 3 I then open up the G3 template character Human Motion Bone_F (indeed, I've created a forward looking character).
- Then I use the Import PSD Assets button to import the layered Photoshop file that I have just created and map it on the Human Motion Bone_F template.
- Now I get an error message "Failed to update G3 character, Your PSD file character does not match character type".

Before trying this out, I had tested if I can use the Elastic_Folks_Front.psd file and this worked well.
Has anyone experienced this problem? What could I be doing wrong? Can you give me a hint as to what might be the problem? Thanks so much in advance!     
kylelee
kylelee
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 2 Years Ago
The result of the message has a lot of situation,
such as naming incorrect,  layer order incorrect, missing group, etc...
I cannot tell you which reason caused, but if you can provide a PSD or Ai file to me, I will help you to solve this issue.
Edited
6 Years Ago by kylelee

Reading This Topic