Profile Picture

Follow terrain feature in iclone 7 issue

Posted By jimbobsquarepants 6 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
jimbobsquarepants
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Senior Member (307 reputation)Senior Member (307 reputation)Senior Member (307 reputation)Senior Member (307 reputation)Senior Member (307 reputation)Senior Member (307 reputation)Senior Member (307 reputation)Senior Member (307 reputation)Senior Member (307 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 6 Years Ago
Hi all. I've been setting up a scene in iclone 7 which consists of a model road made in sketchup, and a model truck, also made in sketchup. I want the truck to follow the contours of the road as it moves along it. However, I notice that when I select the road prop the selection lines are outlined as a box shape on the road prop. Thus, when setting a path and snapping to terrain it simply follows a long flat line above the curves in the road. Is this problem able to be resolved? If I apply self mesh to the road prop will that allow the truck to follow the shape? Any help would be great. Thanks
raxel_67
raxel_67
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (3.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.0K reputation)

Group: Banned Members
Last Active: 4 Years Ago
If the Road is set as terrain, select it, and on the modify tab uncheck use bounding mesh (Or something like that) and try laying Down the path again, hope this helps

Reading This Topic