Flipping

Posted By michaellegge52 6 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
michaellegge52
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (1.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.0K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: Last Year
I never can seem find answers to simple questions in the manual, so here I go again. I know you can flip a G3 from side to side or front to side, but how do you smooth it out without making it look like a jump cut?  On the Flip times all I see are the keyframes, but they don't seem to allow you to make overlap like regular motions. I'm using PRO. Any help, please?
Peter (RL)
Peter (RL)
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)

Group: Administrators
Last Active: 7 hours ago
You have to remember you are working in 2D and not 3D so it's impossible to get a smooth transition from facing one way to the other. You can simulate this much better with G2 characters where you have different 45 degree angles to move between, but with G3 characters you only have the choice of front facing or side facing. There are no intermediate angles to switch to which will smooth the transition.

Peter
Forum Administrator

www.reallusion.com

michaellegge52
michaellegge52
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (1.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.0K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: Last Year
Thanks. Better to know that can't be done.  Having come from 3D animation with Moviestorm, (which discontinued it's support for Macs), getting used to the 2D environment is a challenge.

Reading This Topic