Profile Picture

iClone 7.2 InstallShield Wizard disappears at last step of installation process (Windows 10)

Posted By prodos 6 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!

iClone 7.2 InstallShield Wizard disappears at last step of...

Author
prodos
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (1.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.0K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: Last Year
Howdy Peter.

Peter wrote:
It seems as though either the Firewall or Norton was the culprit. The main thing is you are up and running now which is great to hear.

Yes, I'm very glad about iClone 7 now being successfully installed.

I really don't think the Firewall or Norton were the main cause of the problem because I'd already tried several times to install iClone with Norton & the Firewall switched off, and it didn't seem to help.

Also, when I re-installed my CrazyTalk Animator Pro, I kept my Norton + Firewall switched on just to see what would happen, and CTA Pro installed without any problems.

raxel_67 wrote:
RL should take a serious look into this, the installation process is bugged and no user should have to go through this

I've installed a whole bunch of programs -- including Unreal Engine, Blender, Moho, etc. -- and didn't have this problem. That seems to point to a Reallusion problem.

On the other hand, if others haven't had this sort of problem, that suggests some issue on my side.

Like the Loch Ness Monster and the Bermuda Triangle, we'll have to file this under "Cosmic Mysteries" ... The strange case of the disappearing (Install) Wizard. Smile

Best Wishes,

PRODOS
raxel_67
raxel_67
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (3.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.0K reputation)

Group: Banned Members
Last Active: 4 Years Ago
No Prodos, the issue is not on your side trust me.

Peter nice try blaming the antivirus
animagic
animagic
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)

Last Active: 10 hours ago
raxel_67 (9/9/2018)
No Prodos, the issue is not on your side trust me.

Peter nice try blaming the antivirus

It's almost impossible to diagnose a problem when not at the actual PC. Peter is just trying to help the best he can. 

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/436b0ffd-1242-44d6-a876-d631.jpg

raxel_67
raxel_67
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (3.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.0K reputation)

i know animagic, but on the other hand i have seen many recent posts that are reporting installation problems. That's clue number one for RL. Also there are some users who can not drag n drop while others remain unaffected, drag n drop is handled by the os. That is clue number two. Number three is the hdri Baker and the crashes that occur when you create a folder when saving a Project or a texture, that crashes iclone, or getting a Black image when baking hdrs. Clue number for is my case with undo, it only Works when running as admin, but here is the kicker: I install patch 7.21 and iclone 6.54 looses undo too, also undo stops working in cc2. So is it our systems? I don't think so, in my case iclone is the only software that doesn't work as it should, and i have big collection of software and all programs are running as it should. So to me it is quite clear the issue lies in the installation process, it breaks the relationship between iclone and Windows. It is also Worth noting rl has really dropped the ball concerning updates, we haven't had a real update since may, Just features added. I am also very dissapointed with support, tickets get closed and cannot be opened again. I was also told to Just wait and see if an update might fix the issue, so yeah i'm quite angry and it certainly pisses me off when blame is shifted to the antivirus when it is an outright falsehood

Delerna
Delerna
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (8.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.2K reputation)

Last Active: 2 Years Ago
Not trying to argue against what anyone is saying but one thing that needs to be taken notice of as far as I see is that iClone and CC install for the majority of people with no problems. As a software developer I see that if the problems that certain people have was only due to the software and had nothing to do with the setup of their computer then the majority of people would be having problems installing the software rather than few.
It is true that iClone is not perfect and does have crashing problems. But again, I believe large causes of that (not all) are due to computer settings and capabilities. I for one used to have crashes kind of regular, depending on the size of the project. But I updated my graphics card around Christmas time last year. From 4 to 11GB. Now I very rarely have crashes. I have also had issues that I initially blamed Reallusion for and then discovered that it was due to something I was doing and not the fault of the software.

I also think Peter was just giving some suggestions for Prodos to check and not stating what the actual problem was.
I agree with Animagic. Peter was just trying to help as best as he can.

i7-3770 3.4GHz CPU 16 GB Ram   
GeForce GTX1080 TI 11GB
Windows 10 Pro 64bit
Edited
6 Years Ago by Delerna
raxel_67
raxel_67
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Core i7, 32gb in ram, gtx 1080 ti win 10 pro 64bit, One ssd, 5 hdds, that is my rig and everything runs smooth and perfect except iclone.
raxel_67
raxel_67
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Also why is it that 7.20 Works perfectly on my system but not 7.21 or 7.22? It is the patch, how else would you explain iclone 6.54 loosing undo when a patch is applied to iclone 7????
Delerna
Delerna
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (8.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.2K reputation)

Oh, I also meant to say.
I am one person who has never had issues installing any of reallusions software.....ever. However I have had trouble installing other software, including Blender. I had to do updates on my computer to get them to install. I have also seen posts from other people who had problems with other software such as Blender. Oh and Blender is one of my favourite software's now, I use it pretty much everyday.

I can only state things according to my own experience and observations.

GeForce GTX1080 TI 11GB
Windows 10 Pro 64bit
Edited
6 Years Ago by Delerna
Delerna
Delerna
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

I just did a google search for 'Blender Won't Install" and found heaps.

here is one and someone else answered it and stated they were also having issues installing it because of the browser they were using.
So????

GeForce GTX1080 TI 11GB
Windows 10 Pro 64bit
prodos
prodos
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (1.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.0K reputation)

Last Active: Last Year
Thanks to everyone for contributing your opinions, assessments, and experiences -- both positive and negative -- with iClone and other software.

Smile

Best Wishes,
Prodos

Reading This Topic