Profile Picture

iClone 7.2 InstallShield Wizard disappears at last step of installation process (Windows 10)

Posted By prodos 6 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!

iClone 7.2 InstallShield Wizard disappears at last step of...

Author
prodos
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (1.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.0K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: Last Year
Greetings.
I've recently purchased iClone 7.

When I try to install it ... the InstallShield Wizard disappears at the very final step of the installation.

I've created a support ticket and provided Support with the requested DXDIAG file.

I've also followed the instructions in the video recommended by Support on how to configure my NVIDIA graphics card.

I've tried installing the iClone file (IC7_Enu.exe) using "run as administrator" AND after turning off ALL my Norton protection.

But still the InstallShield Wizard disappears at the final step of the installation.
If anyone has any advice on this, I'd appreciate it.

I've installed many programs on my computer -- Blender ... After Effects & Premiere Pro Creative Cloud ... Unreal Engine ... etc. ... and never encountered this problem.
Thanks.
Best Wishes,
Prodos

Edited
6 Years Ago by prodos
prodos
prodos
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (1.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.0K reputation)

Greetings.

In the following (unlisted) video I show all the steps I go through when trying to install iClone7 (serial number obscured) to show you exactly when the InstallShield vanishes. It's at the last stage of the installation process.

https://youtu.be/pVJe5kvp-Tc

Any suggestions would be appreciate.

Thanks.

Best Wishes,
PRODOS

Peter (RL)
Peter (RL)
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)

Group: Administrators
Last Active: 4 hours ago
Hi Prodos,

Sorry to hear you are having these problems. 

Support should get back to you soon, but in the meantime, please try emptying your Temp folders as these can cause installation problems.

1. Type %Temp% on the Search box on the Task Bar and click the %Temp% folder in the search list.
2. This will take you to C:\Users\<YOUR PROFILE NAME>\AppData\Local\Temp.
3. Highlight and delete all the folders and files in the Temp folder (some may remain, this is normal).
4. Go to C:\Windows\Temp
5. Highlight and delete all the folders and files there.
6. Restart your computer.

* NOTE: The Local\Temp folder is a hidden folder and so may not appear. To view hidden files and folders, do the following:

1. Open the Control Panel and select "Appearance & Personalization".
2. Click "Show Hidden File and Folders".
3. On the View tab, under Hidden files and folders, click Show hidden files and folders.

Then try again to install iClone 7.

Peter
Forum Administrator

www.reallusion.com

prodos
prodos
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Greetings Peter,

Thanks for the suggestion.

... in the meantime, please try emptying your Temp folders as these can cause installation problems.

They currently don't seem to be using much space.

For instance this one uses only 28 MB:

C >> Users >> Vemom (computer brand) >> AppData >> Local >> Temp

And this one is zero MB:

C >> Windows >> Temp

Anyway, I'll try it and report back.

The other thing I'm wondering is: What if I UN-installed & deleted and then RE-installed ALL my Reallusion products?
eg. CTA Pro, Reallusion Hub, etc.

A few months ago I had my C-drive expanded + another drive added to my laptop. Maybe these have "confused" my Reallusion software?

Best Wishes,

Prodos
prodos
prodos
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Greetings.

I deleted what I could from the Temp folders, as suggested by Peter, re-booted, and again tried using the Reallusion Hub to install iClone 7.

Unfortunately the same thing happened:

The installation process vanished at the last step and brought up the error message:

Installation was cancelled.
All update processes will stop.

Best Wishes,

Prodos
Peter (RL)
Peter (RL)
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)

Have you tried to install to a different drive other than the C: drive? If not it would be worth a try. If you have a D: drive try that.

Alternatively try installing to the C: drive but choose a different location such as C:\Reallusion

Does this help resolve the problem?

Peter
Forum Administrator

www.reallusion.com

prodos
prodos
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Greetings Peter,

I uninstalled all my Reallusion software -- CTA 3 Pro + various extras & the Reallusion Hub.

Then I switched off my Firewall and all my Norton anti-virus products (for 15 minutes).

Then I ran the iClone installation file -- IC7_Enu.exe -- as administrator.

I'm happy to report that the installation proceeded smoothly and without a hitch.

Why this worked, I don't know.

I now need to install the iClone resource packs, various extras and various plugins, which I'll do later, and will let you know how all that goes.

It'll be interesting to see whether re-installing CrazyTalk Animator Pro runs into problems when its time comes!

So, there you have it. Finally, some good news.

Thanks for all your suggestions and for taking an interest in the issue.

Greatly appreciated.

Best Wishes,

PRODOS

Edited
6 Years Ago by prodos
prodos
prodos
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Greetings.

Reporting that all my iClone 7 packs, extras, plugins, etc. installed without a hitch -- using the (re-installed) Reallusion HUB and the various Install.RLD links within my account (which I found confusing).

Also, I had no problems re-installing CTA 3 Pro.

Best Wishes,

PRODOS

raxel_67
raxel_67
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (3.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.0K reputation)

Group: Banned Members
Last Active: 4 Years Ago
RL should take a serious look into this, the installation process is bugged and no user should have to go through this
Peter (RL)
Peter (RL)
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

prodos (9/7/2018)
Greetings.

Reporting that all my iClone 7 packs, extras, plugins, etc. installed without a hitch -- using the (re-installed) Reallusion HUB and the various Install.RLD links within my account (which I found confusing).

Also, I had no problems re-installing CTA 3 Pro.

Best Wishes,

PRODOS

It seems as though either the Firewall or Norton was the culprit. The main thing is you are up and running now which is great to hear. Smile

Peter
Forum Administrator

www.reallusion.com

Reading This Topic