Rokoko Profile

Posted By Tony (RL) 6 Years Ago
Rated 5 stars based on 1 vote.
Author
Tony (RL)
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (6.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.3K reputation)

Group: Administrators
Last Active: 4 Years Ago
https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/8263dffb-9fb2-4452-a7d9-33b8.jpg

Here is the dedicated forum of the Rokoko Profile for Motion LIVE Plug-in.
Learn how to make it work from the Manual, and don't hesitate to share your thoughts and works!

Tony
Product Marketing Manager 

www.reallusion.com
Edited
6 Years Ago by Tony (RL)
Matt GH
Matt GH
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 3 Years Ago
The iClone SmartSuit plug-in is finally available! I was looking forward to it for so long!
..but 500,00 DOLLARS?!?

Investing so much on a plug-in is prohibitive for an independent animator.
I know there is a bundle pack with suit+iclone+plugin which is a good deal, but I've been a day1 customer for both the SmartSuit and iClone, and the fact that earlybird supporters are less valuable than last-day bundles is not fair.

There are also two more things to consider:
1) the smartsuit plugin is FREE for UnrealEngine4. I understand that Reallusion wants to capitalize on this, but from 0$ to 500$ it's too much.
2) the workflow without the plug-in it's just about SmartSuitStudio->exportFBX->iClone3DX->import. It's a 2 minutes process.
Paying an additional 500$ fee just to save a couple of minutes it's WAY too overpriced!

I will reconsider the purchase if the price will drop (199$ may be a "fair" price), but for now I will keep my actual workflow which is very performing even without the overpriced plugin.
Edited
6 Years Ago by Matt GH
animagic
animagic
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)

Last Active: 6 hours ago
Matt GH (9/10/2018)
The iClone SmartSuit plug-in is finally available! I was looking forward to it for so long!
..but 500,00 DOLLARS?!?

I found that kind of steep also, and that is the REDUCED price; the regular price is $999...Crazy

I got a much better deal when the Perception Neuron plugin was introduced; and that included a 20%-off coupon for the suit. 

Since you have the suit already, does the exported FBX work for any character, or do you have to do something first? I still haven't bought PN and am looking into Rokoko.

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/436b0ffd-1242-44d6-a876-d631.jpg

Rogue Anime
Rogue Anime
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (4.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.3K reputation)

Last Active: Last Year
animagic (9/10/2018)
 I still haven't bought PN and am looking into Rokoko.

I have the dual capture Neuron suits package now, and looking into the Rokoko now. I asked them if the suit had full finger control. Their response was that it is still in development, if this has any value in your decision making process.  ~V~

Val RogueAnanda
https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/e82de505-c57a-40b9-8cb0-9f87.png

Matt GH
Matt GH
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)

animagic (9/10/2018)
I found that kind of steep also, and that is the REDUCED price; the regular price is $999...Crazy
I got a much better deal when the Perception Neuron plugin was introduced; and that included a 20%-off coupon for the suit. 

Perception Neuron has some international shipping limitations, so instead of having it delivered abroad I turned into their direct competitor (Rokoko).
999$ is an INSANE price, it's 40% of the SmartSuit cost itself!

animagic (9/10/2018)
Since you have the suit already, does the exported FBX work for any character, or do you have to do something first? I still haven't bought PN and am looking into Rokoko.

It works like a charm for every character, you just have to create a non-standard human profile in 3DXchange and load it to convert the SmartSuit FBX to the iClone base bone structure. It just takes few minutes to pair the bones, I can send you the profile I made if you need it.

Rogue Anime (9/10/2018)
I have the dual capture Neuron suits package now, and looking into the Rokoko now. I asked them if the suit had full finger control. Their response was that it is still in development, if this has any value in your decision making process.  ~V~

The gloves are still not included in the package. They are working on it at the moment, but still there's no ETA. In the meantime I solved by using my old LeapMotion to fingers-only.
Edited
6 Years Ago by Matt GH
zinetxnetwork
zinetxnetwork
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

New Member (7 reputation)New Member (7 reputation)New Member (7 reputation)New Member (7 reputation)New Member (7 reputation)New Member (7 reputation)New Member (7 reputation)New Member (7 reputation)New Member (7 reputation)

Hi, after the 30 days free trial of the ROKOKO Profile, how much should I pay? 
*assuming I have the full pipeline of iClone + Motion Live Plugin + Rokoko Studio (Smartsuit Studio)*

Reading This Topic