Profile Picture

Character Creater 2.0 will not load? Help Please

Posted By melissa_2011 6 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
melissa_2011
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Senior Member (498 reputation)Senior Member (498 reputation)Senior Member (498 reputation)Senior Member (498 reputation)Senior Member (498 reputation)Senior Member (498 reputation)Senior Member (498 reputation)Senior Member (498 reputation)Senior Member (498 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: Last Year
Hi, I have had Character Creator working in the past when I had iclone pro 6.  But since I upgraded to iclone pro 7 and exchange pro 7 my Character Creator stops loading at the load screen, I'm using window pro 64 bit 7, i5, 25 GB of ram, sp1. and have a Nvidia GeForce 1050ti with 4 GB of video ram.  I have re-installed this app four times have also updated my driver's for the video card and have emailed support two times and still have this problem. I even installed iclone v1.57 and it doesn't work either,  I have also emptied my windows temp area along with deleting the iclone and character creator temp files. I have a project for my business requiring the use of iclone and need to create a character and here I am with no character creator no way to call or get help to correct this problem, and now they are showing character creator 3 stand alone. with another upgrade fee. which is fine if this stupid software would load, any Help with be fantastic.  thanks, Melissa

Peter (RL)
Peter (RL)
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)

Group: Administrators
Last Active: Yesterday
Hi Melissa,

Sorry to hear you are having problems with Character Creator 2.

Do you have a computer that has switchable graphics (both Intel and the Nvidia 1050ti). Switchable graphics are common on laptop computers so check if you do have this setup.

If you do have switchable graphics, please do ensure you are running CC2 and iClone with the more powerful Nvidia graphics card. Do not choose the Intel graphics option. You can normally do this by right clicking the CC2 desktop icon and choosing "Run With Graphics Processor". Alterternative open the Nvidia Control Panel (right click the desktop) and make sure CC2 and iClone are using the 1050ti there. Please click HERE if you need assistance with using the Nvidia Control Panel.

Do also try right clicking the CC2 desktop icon and choose "Run As Administrator".

Peter
Forum Administrator

www.reallusion.com

Edited
6 Years Ago by Peter (RL)
melissa_2011
melissa_2011
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Senior Member (498 reputation)Senior Member (498 reputation)Senior Member (498 reputation)Senior Member (498 reputation)Senior Member (498 reputation)Senior Member (498 reputation)Senior Member (498 reputation)Senior Member (498 reputation)Senior Member (498 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: Last Year
Hi Peter,  Thank you for responding. I'm sure that I'm using the 1050ti graphics card. the onboard graphics card is diabled.  I did add character creator to the list in the Nvidia control panel added character creater to it. ( manage 3d settings ) have enclosed image. I couldn't find CC2 desktop icon and choosing "Run With Graphics Processor".  did try to  "Run As Administrator". still can't load the program.  thanks any other ideas?

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/b604ebf6-a6a1-43f3-ab93-5f51.png
https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/a5a2540a-fa6b-4bc0-a6b6-572c.png
raxel_67
raxel_67
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (3.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.0K reputation)

Group: Banned Members
Last Active: 4 Years Ago
Try deleting your temp files, sometimes cc will try to recover a project and it sometimes hangs while doing so, deleting the temp files usually makes it load properly

Reading This Topic