Genesis 8 Duf Files not working

Posted By Rockitscience 6 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
Rockitscience
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (1.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.0K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 3 Months Ago
I am having a few issues with the Genesis 8 import – Basically what happens is that when I add the gen 8 pose file I get the eye blinks, closes and winks and the mouth opens and closes.

No other lip or brow movement. 

I have the gen 8 morph kit for the face (not the body morphs) and the poses are in there. As I can see and move them on the pose controls. 

To make sure it wasn't just that they upgraded Daz I loaded up Genesis 1 and 2 and the face morphs for that work fine, I have the Gen 3 figure but not the body/face morphs for that, (I wouldn't think that would carry over to gen 8 - but you never know which is why I mention it) 

A

Peter (RL)
Peter (RL)
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)

Group: Administrators
Last Active: 20 minutes ago
Do make sure you have correctly copied the appropriate  "Reallusion" folder to Daz Studio.

So for example copy the Reallusion folder from iClone_Daz_Genesis_Extension_v4_IC7\DAZ Genesis Extension\Daz Genesis to iClone\Genesis8_Female to the location below (default install).

C:\Users\Public\Documents\My DAZ 3D Library\data\DAZ 3D\Genesis 8\Female\Morphs

Then make sure you restart Daz Studio for the changes to take effect. Now once you apply the Genesis8_Female_iCloneFaceKey.duf file to your character it should be correctly assigned. Then do the same for the Male character and Genesis 3 characters if required. Instructions are also supplied in the iClone_Daz_Genesis_Extension_v4_IC7.zip file.

Peter
Forum Administrator

www.reallusion.com

pruiz
pruiz
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (1.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.7K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 4 Years Ago
Peter (RL) (8/27/2018)
Do make sure you have correctly copied the appropriate  "Reallusion" folder to Daz Studio.

So for example copy the Reallusion folder from iClone_Daz_Genesis_Extension_v4_IC7\DAZ Genesis Extension\Daz Genesis to iClone\Genesis8_Female to the location below (default install).

C:\Users\Public\Documents\My DAZ 3D Library\data\DAZ 3D\Genesis 8\Female\Morphs

Then make sure you restart Daz Studio for the changes to take effect. Now once you apply the Genesis8_Female_iCloneFaceKey.duf file to your character it should be correctly assigned. Then do the same for the Male character and Genesis 3 characters if required. Instructions are also supplied in the iClone_Daz_Genesis_Extension_v4_IC7.zip file.

Peter,
While on the subject of importing/exporting G8F - could you help in clarifying the export motion clip from iclone 7 - via 3dx pipeline - to Daz as BVH.
I have read a thread on Daz forums that says it is doable but have not been able to replicate without distortions on import of the BVH to Daz.
It used to be a problem with G3F but that is fixed with the latest release of iclone 7. It has something to do with the Daz A pose in G8F conversion to Tpose in iclone and then the reverse. Any help or direction much appreciated. I have been messing with this for days to no avail. 

Reading This Topic