Materials not supported in iClone7

Posted By sjonesdc 6 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
sjonesdc
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (5.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.6K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: Last Year
I'm using a 3D Scene from Total Plants (since I already had the pack for several years) and I'm getting the message "This content contains some materials(s) not supported in iClone 7."  I went back to my account, downloaded and reinstalled the pack, hoping that the content would be upgraded to 7, however, the message still appears.  Is there any way to identify the material(s) that are not supported and replace those materials?

Thanks in advance.

sjonesdc Hehe

STILL LEARNING!!!

animagic
animagic
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)

Last Active: 6 hours ago
I have that pack too, and I just tried loading the Flower Garden and got the same message. Comparing the thumbnail with what I see on the screen, it seems that the grass is not displaying. I have no idea why...Unsure

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/436b0ffd-1242-44d6-a876-d631.jpg

Kelleytoons
Kelleytoons
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)

Last Active: Yesterday
I have it as well but all the plants I try work fine -- I don't seem to have any "scenes" (but it's quite possible I deleted them -- I cleaned up my directories and don't use "projects" -- but if there is a place those should be let me know and I'll check it out).  Or if there's a specific flower or tree that isn't working let me know and I'll try it.

Alienware Aurora R16, Win 11, i9-149000KF, 3.20GHz CPU, 64GB RAM, RTX 4090 (24GB), Samsung 870 Pro 8TB, Gen3 MVNe M-2 SSD, 4TBx2, 39" Alienware Widescreen Monitor
Mike "ex-genius" Kelley
animagic
animagic
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)

Kelley, it's from the old Biosphere (?) pack. When installed, it places a number of 3D Scenes in a folder called World Wilderness under Life Plants.

Some of these load OK, others give the message. They look OK, but somehow the grass seems to be missing.

A remedy might be to load them in iClone 6 and save them. Then try to load them again in iClone 7. I only have access to iClone 7 at the moment, so I can't check.

Kelleytoons
Kelleytoons
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)

Okay, I don't have that.  What I got was "Total Plants 2" which has a TON of trees, plants and flowers (even marine ones).  All of those seem to work just fine but apparently you're talking about something else entirely.

Alienware Aurora R16, Win 11, i9-149000KF, 3.20GHz CPU, 64GB RAM, RTX 4090 (24GB), Samsung 870 Pro 8TB, Gen3 MVNe M-2 SSD, 4TBx2, 39" Alienware Widescreen Monitor
Mike "ex-genius" Kelley
Postfrosch
Postfrosch
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (37.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (37.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (37.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (37.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (37.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (37.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (37.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (37.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (37.8K reputation)

As I have the (old) packages "World of Wilderness Vol + Vol 2"
In the 3 D scenes of Vol 1 comes the mentioned message (except for 2 or 3 exceptions). The 3 D scenes work so far perfect - except for missing grass or flowers.
Conversely, when loading the 3D scenes from Vol 2 crashes IClone 7 ((75% Updating User Interface).
But I have already used a 3 D Scene from Vol 2 with IClone 7 and IClone worked. Also, the project created with it can be loaded properly although the 3 D Scene is in it

Greets from Germany
Postfrosch

--------------------------------------------------------------
https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/cd9c9a06-21a5-44c5-9f67-6810.jpg
sjonesdc
sjonesdc
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (5.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.6K reputation)

Thanks everyone for your responses.  I'm working on a very short piece and being "lazy" did not want to build from scratch.

I think I still have 6 installed on another system animagic, I think I have 6 install on a laptop, I'll try your suggestion.

Thanks again!

sjonesdc Hehe

STILL LEARNING!!!

wires
wires
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)

I took a look at the Flower Garden 3D Scene in iClone 5, 6 and 7 on my system. I should add that I did a fresh install of the 3D Scene packs on all 3 versions, nothing was copied from one to the other.

The Scene opened as expected in iClone 5. In iClone 6 it was impossible to view correctly due to massive flickering and in iClone 7 it opened OK except that the Grass is missing on the Terrain.

I converted the Terrain to a Prop in all 3 versions and looked at the Materials used there.

iClone 5:
https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/2ad5cb6e-0a14-46f0-8f21-e47a.png

iClone 6:
https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/d0e4b689-ec05-4207-b7ab-9b52.png

iClone 7:
https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/854140d1-8245-4e13-892f-816a.png

As can be seen, iClone 5 lists 6 different Materials in the Terrain/Prop - "3 - Default" is listed twice, while both iClone 6 and 7 list only 4 and in both cases the "grass1" Material is not included.

It would really be interesting to know why both iClone 6 and 7 do not include this Material.

Gerry

System: Win 10 Pro (21H2), Asus X99-E WS, CPU i7-5930K -3,5 GHz, 32 GB DDR4 2666-16 RAM, NVidia GTX 1080 Ti GPU - 11 GB VRAM(Driver Studio-536.99), Samsung 850 Pro 512 GB SSD, 6 TB HD storage.

animagic
animagic
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Interesting find, Gerry. I wonder because it's considered "incompatible" that it's not included in iClone 7 and replaced with something else?

I also like to use older scenes (some are quite nice and can be resurrected with re-texturing), but sometimes, although textures are accessible, changing anything gives weird results. 

I guess one could download the texture in iClone 5 and try to reapply?

Reading This Topic