How to create kid character

Posted By pesachzirkind 6 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
pesachzirkind
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Veteran Member

Veteran Member (636 reputation)Veteran Member (636 reputation)Veteran Member (636 reputation)Veteran Member (636 reputation)Veteran Member (636 reputation)Veteran Member (636 reputation)Veteran Member (636 reputation)Veteran Member (636 reputation)Veteran Member (636 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: Last Year
What are some techniques to create child characters in character creator.
Specifically, I'm looking to answer the following questions:
  • How to scale the default meshes that come with cc
  • How to get younger skin for the character
  • If possible what can be done to stylize them
Thanks in advance
Peter (RL)
Peter (RL)
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)

Group: Administrators
Last Active: Yesterday
Hi...

Character Creator doesn't include a child base so for now you have to use the existing morph sliders to adjust full body scale, height, body shape, face shape etc. You can also export the texture maps and smooth them out to give a younger looking skin. Note: Some of the mentioned morph sliders require the CC essentials add-on pack is installed. 

However with upcoming Character Creator 3 Pipeline you also have the option of importing figures from Daz Studio and Hivewire which are then converted to a CC3 Base. This option will allow you to bring in many different child characters and then further develop them inside of CC3.

Peter
Forum Administrator

www.reallusion.com

LP_movies/tvs
LP_movies/tvs
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (1.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.8K reputation)

here a video that my help you for know https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=evOEApJncP4
LP_movies/tvs
LP_movies/tvs
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (1.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.8K reputation)

here a video that my help you for know https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=evOEApJncP4
Lamias
Lamias
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (5.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.0K reputation)

I have made children using the following method:

1) Scale the full body of the character down to the lowest you can.
2) Use the "Bake" key, which is located on the top and right part of CC (it has a toast icon). This resets all morph sliders to 0, while keeping intact all the morphs you have applied. So now you have a scaled down character, and the option to scale him down again even more because the slider is reset. Scale it down and bake again if you need a really small kid.

Maybe the webinar says that exactly, I didn't have time to watch it.

My YouTube Channel
Phoenix   Wink

Walvince
Walvince
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)

I think you can focus on :

- making a smaller general body (obviously)
- keeping the head a little bit bigger than normal
- reducing shapes of body
- making the head a bit rounder
- reducing arms length
- keeping eyes a bit bigger than normal
- add some blur on the texture face (don't remember the slider name but you can do it in CC too)
- you can also use female slider even if your character is a boy to make him younger

This is globaly what I've done for my character and I kinda like the result !

Reading This Topic