Profile Picture

If I were going to buy 1 plug in for IClone, what should it be?

Posted By Data Juggler 6 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!

If I were going to buy 1 plug in for IClone, what should it be?

Author
Data Juggler
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (12.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.4K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 4 hours ago
This is uncharted waters for me, but I am just wondering if anyone found that after they bought 'xyz' their entire life turned into rainbows and butterflies, or at least IClone became a little cooler?

Bying anything else seems cheaper than a new graphics card.

Thanks

Creator of the free website:
PixelDatabase.Net
A Free Online Text Based Image Editor
https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/6e6663e2-0ecf-447a-ab3d-d49d.png

Kelleytoons
Kelleytoons
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)

Last Active: Yesterday
Wow, that's like asking what you should buy in your life to make you happy.

You will have to be a LOT more specific about your needs and desires.  Of all the things I own for iClone, perhaps the one I like the best is my facial mocap stuff... but that's me.  I do a lot of facial animation and it's that important.

The Essential Morphs is, well, essential, particularly if you will be creating a lot of your own characters.

But you need to define your own parameters before anyone here could give you advice.

Alienware Aurora R12, Win 10, i9-119000KF, 3.5GHz CPU, 128GB RAM, RTX 3090 (24GB), Samsung 960 Pro 4TB M-2 SSD, TB+ Disk space
Mike "ex-genius" Kelley
Data Juggler
Data Juggler
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (12.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.4K reputation)

The essential morphs came with my purchase.
I was kind of wondering what Popcorn FX is for, and something called Curve Editor, and something called Indigo something (Rendering)?

--
I know the secret to eternal happiness cannot likely be answered, but if you don't seek it out you won't know it isn't possible **

** That's a quadruple negative to all you English teachers that criticized my double negatives; I have advanced since I ignored your advice.

PixelDatabase.Net

Edited
6 Years Ago by Data Juggler
Kelleytoons
Kelleytoons
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)

Forget Indigo -- if you're *really* interesting in another renderer, pre-order the IRay one (with the CC3 deal).

PopcornFX is on my essential list, but if you don't know/use particle FX you might not see it that way.  Look at the samples online and see for yourself.

I've actually not used the curve editor yet -- I suspect some day I will, but I just don't have a need.  But I do my mocap with the PN and smooth it out with Webanimate.  I suspect others around here will tell you it's essential. (So I have it, just never brought it up -- but I have *everything* :>Wink.

Alienware Aurora R12, Win 10, i9-119000KF, 3.5GHz CPU, 128GB RAM, RTX 3090 (24GB), Samsung 960 Pro 4TB M-2 SSD, TB+ Disk space
Mike "ex-genius" Kelley
Data Juggler
Data Juggler
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

I guess I could Google this, but since you brought it up, what is Web Animate?

Thanks

PixelDatabase.Net

sonic7
sonic7
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (13.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (13.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (13.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (13.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (13.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (13.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (13.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (13.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (13.5K reputation)

Last Active: Last Year

Hi Data .... 
Personally, (and in hind sight), I wouldn't go with the 'mocap' plugin.- For 'basic' mocap, Brekel provides a more stable albeit 'stand-alone' solution imo (and for very little extra cost - though there's the 'hardware' cost to factor in as well). I also wouldn't bother with 'popVideo' - the quality of the video processing isn't up to the standard of iClone itself by a long shot imo. The cost of these two would get you CC3, which I'm now saving up to purchase....
Steve.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please be patient with me ..... I don't always 'get it' the first time 'round - not even the 2nd time! Sad  - yikes! ... 
MSI GT72VR Laptop, i7 7700HQ 4-Core 3.8 GHz 16GB RAM; Nvidia 1070, 8GB Vram iClone-7.93  3DXChange Pipeline 7.81  CC-3 Pipeline 3.44  Live Face  HeadShot  Brekel Pro-Body  Popcorn FX  iRAY  Kinect V2  DaVinci Resolve17  Mixcraft 8.1

Data Juggler
Data Juggler
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

I read the post about stand alone character creator 3 versus Character Creator 3 for IClone which is free, I didn't see anything that jumped out and said I need the stand alone.

Can you tell me what features of the stand alone CC 3 are worth buying vs the free CC3 for IClone?

Thanks

PixelDatabase.Net

Kelleytoons
Kelleytoons
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

There's really two biggies -- the importing of clothing (both free and paid) and the remesher.

If you don't intend to do anything other than buy RL's clothing the first doesn't matter.  If you don't intend to have any more than two characters in your scene, the second doesn't, either.  But if either or both of those two things are true, you need the paid version, plain and simple (the remesher will allow you to have dozens of characters in your background with little to no impact).

Webanimate smooths out animations, mostly mocap ones (it can be used for all but I wouldn't bother if you aren't going to mocap).

Mike "ex-genius" Kelley
Data Juggler
Data Juggler
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Thanks for the explanation(s).

I may try the MoCap someday, but probably not.

PixelDatabase.Net

Reading This Topic