Profile Picture

3D scan or Photogrammetry Head into Iclone as in this video?

Posted By cly3d 6 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!

3D scan or Photogrammetry Head into Iclone as in this video?

Author
cly3d
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (2.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.3K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: Last Year
Hey all,
 I figure the 3dXchange forum might be the place to ask this. Take a look at this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5b3Ndv6psbY
What I'd like to know is
- How was the head brought into Iclone? By this I mean I've seen some old 3Dxchange custom sculpting videos from @3Dtest (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ODCkoeNFTfo) and it specifically says vertex count should be same as original iclone mesh
- I've been using iclone 6.5 / 3DXchange 6.5.  Have things changed in iclone 7 / 3DXchange 7

I'd really like to be able to do a 3D scan of a human head and bring it into iclone for animating. I realize the roadmap for CC.3 states this is in the making, but the video above shows that it's already possible today.
Any one know the workflow?
Kind Regards.

animagic
animagic
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)

Last Active: 26 minutes ago
It would indeed be nice to know how it was done. The requirements of vertex count and order have not changed for iClone, CC, and 3DXchange 7.

That said, there are no such restrictions if the head scan was used to create a character in an external 3D modeling application which was then imported into iClone as non-standard character via 3DXchange.

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/436b0ffd-1242-44d6-a876-d631.jpg

cly3d
cly3d
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (2.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.3K reputation)

Oh! I never considered the non standard character approach. 
You might be right.

I'm curious about the advertised 3dscan to CC that reallusion has coming up.
*edit* I checked the video again and the body of the avatar looks identical to a standard CC character.  A mystery indeed. 
Edited
6 Years Ago by cly3d
dogged2003
dogged2003
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (5.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.2K reputation)

This guy has learned to customize the shell well. He does not answer questions. Over other channels laughs (leaves comments with links to their videos). And as I see, he closed the comments on the video.
Most likely he is waiting for commercial requests.
Give him the flag in his hands.
P.S.: He also showed the transfer of textures from the DAZ. And he showed the transfer of morphs from DAZ. There is a possibility that he makes a transfer through the DAZ.

cly3d (8/14/2018)
Hey all,
 I figure the 3dXchange forum might be the place to ask this. Take a look at this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5b3Ndv6psbY
What I'd like to know is
- How was the head brought into Iclone? By this I mean I've seen some old 3Dxchange custom sculpting videos from @3Dtest (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ODCkoeNFTfo) and it specifically says vertex count should be same as original iclone mesh
- I've been using iclone 6.5 / 3DXchange 6.5.  Have things changed in iclone 7 / 3DXchange 7

I'd really like to be able to do a 3D scan of a human head and bring it into iclone for animating. I realize the roadmap for CC.3 states this is in the making, but the video above shows that it's already possible today.
Any one know the workflow?
Kind Regards.

My YouTube channel.
Edited
6 Years Ago by dogged2003
cly3d
cly3d
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Hmmm I think iclone gives you a template and procedure to transfer morphs from Daz. I've used it before. The template comes free with 3dXchange pipeline. 

So mayve the clue is to find how 3d scans are imported into and conformed to a Daz head

dogged2003
dogged2003
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (5.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.2K reputation)

cly3d (8/15/2018)
Hmmm I think iclone gives you a template and procedure to transfer morphs from Daz. I've used it before. The template comes free with 3dXchange pipeline. 

Not for convert to CC. Only for Non-Standard.

My YouTube channel.
Am7add9
Am7add9
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Last Active: 2 Months Ago
dogged2003 is on the right track, he does use daz
and they end up to be CC, check his other vids
all the tidbits of info are there.

dogged2003
dogged2003
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Other vids is deleted. Wow
telecaster (8/15/2018)
dogged2003 is on the right track, he does use daz
and they end up to be CC, check his other vids
all the tidbits of info are there.

My YouTube channel.

Reading This Topic