Anyone know how to uninstall LIVE?

Posted By Kelleytoons 6 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
Kelleytoons
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 1 hour ago
So, long story short, I need to install the newest LIVE version -- one catch, you cannot do this because first you have to uninstall the old version.

I don't see any way to do this.  I see a way to get rid of the individual plugins in Windows add/remove programs, but not for the main Live one.  I assume the crapfest of software that is the RL Hub is the only way to do this, but I was hoping (because it absolutely won't run on my machine) that someone had an idea for me on how to work around this (at the moment I'm stumped).

Alienware Aurora R12, Win 10, i9-119000KF, 3.5GHz CPU, 128GB RAM, RTX 3090 (24GB), Samsung 960 Pro 4TB M-2 SSD, TB+ Disk space
Mike "ex-genius" Kelley
Kelleytoons
Kelleytoons
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)

Ah -- may not do me any good even if I figure it out, as it looks like RL doesn't make the newest version of LIVE downloadable (in my account I only have version 1.0).

Sigh -- this is why we can't have nice things.

Alienware Aurora R12, Win 10, i9-119000KF, 3.5GHz CPU, 128GB RAM, RTX 3090 (24GB), Samsung 960 Pro 4TB M-2 SSD, TB+ Disk space
Mike "ex-genius" Kelley
Rampa
Rampa
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)

Last Active: 4 hours ago
https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/3eca7197-3148-49ae-9f3d-c439.jpg

These things just love to hide! Wink
Kelleytoons
Kelleytoons
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

I don't think that will do me much good, Rampa, as the only version I can find in my account is 1.0 (so I don't think the new version of LIVE is downloadable except through the hub).

If you know differently please let me know (since it requires a serial number it shouldn't be out of limits to share, right?)

Mike "ex-genius" Kelley
Kelleytoons
Kelleytoons
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Yeah, as I suspected -- the only version I can download is 1.0.0528.1, which is earlier than the version you are using (it's the same version I installed in June of this year, which I think is when it came out).

This won't work with the iPhone X plugin, which means I can't run it properly (I already bought it).  And since there's no way to update it unless RL can actually SEND me the update for LIVE, I'm pretty screwed.

Mike "ex-genius" Kelley
Kelleytoons
Kelleytoons
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Okay, I fixed this (myself -- sigh, what do folks do who have to rely on others :>?).

I'll also recap it in the other thread I started several months ago, but basically I searched the web and found this in the feedback tracker, which worked on my system  (This then allowed me to run the Hub properly and update Live properly):

Open the Registry Editor by hitting Start and typing “regedit.” Press Enter to open Registry Editor and give it permission to make changes to your PC. Delete the following files: RLCheckList、RLReToken、RLToke (Path: \HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Reallusion)

Mike "ex-genius" Kelley
Edited
6 Years Ago by Kelleytoons

Reading This Topic